The Door in the Floor

Started by ono, March 21, 2004, 11:24:15 PM

Finn

I finally saw this today on dvd. Very good movie though a little uneven at times. Bridges and Basinger are terrific and probably deserve Oscar nominations. The characters are really compelling and the very last shot gives the whole movie a different approach.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sanjuro

saw this today. very good in my opinion.  havent read the book, but i thought this was a good remake still.  very heavy in metaphors, and though it could get predictable sometimes, still it was well made.  has alot to say about art and literature (actually watching the movie is like reading a book or a short story full of symblosims) and children and marital relationships and i guess relationships in general, etc.  many symbolisms, and very comic at times. i really wasnt expecting anything about this movie though... first thing that struck me was the cinematography... lots of well framed and nicely composed shots with good lighting. in short very nice shots... even camera movement was goood. umm, also good pacing of the scenes, ramble ramble... i enjoyed the flashback scene much, it wasnt as cheesy as i thought it would turn out to be.

oh yeah i just thought of somethig negative about the movie... character development maybe, but im not so sure, maybe im just trying to find something that doesnt fit in the movie. also i dont know how long this will hold after several viewings or as time goes by.

anyone else seen this??????????????
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"