Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2009

Started by modage, December 31, 2008, 09:42:07 AM

modage

1. Avatar
I can't believe this is real.  I can't believe it's 2009 already.  Change everything, James Cameron!

2. Where The Wild Things Are
I think this will actually come out this year.  Time will tell if the final version will be something not fit for kids or film geeks.

3. Watchmen
This looks so good

4. Inglorious Basterds
Didn't care for his last two films, redeem yourself Tarantino!

5. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Disappointed by his last two films, quit doing the same thing Anderson!

6. Funny People
Loved Knocked Up.  I hope Apatow's continues his path towards Freaks & Geeks level greatness.

7. Up
Pixar. 

8. The Lovely Bones
Peter Jackson, will you be awesome?  Or boring?

9. Star Trek
I have never seen a Star Trek anything, but JJ Abrams, I will follow you anywhere.

10. Shutter Island
Post-Departed Scorsese.

See how other years turned out:
2008 ::: 2007 ::: 2006 ::: 2005
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

New Feeling

1. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
2. Antichrist
3. Interview Project
4. Enter the Void
5. Limits of Control
6. Taking Woodstock
7. Shutter Island
8. Bad Lieutenant
9. Brief Interviews With Hideous Men
10.Life During Wartime

Thirst, The Road, Hunger, Che, The Class, Avatar, Ponyo, Nailed, , Coraline, Your Highness, Adventureland, Public Enemies, The Hurt Locker, The Green Zone, Girlfriend Experience, ,Tetro, Extract, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, , Broken Embraces, This Side of the Truth, The Box, Big Fan, Moon, T4, Star Trek, Monsters vs. Aliens, The Lovely Bones, I Love You Man, Year One, Two Lovers, Tulpan, Treeless Mountain

so far:

Inglourious Basterds
Bruno
Capitalism: A Love Story
Tyson
The Windmill Movie
Funny People
You The Living
Up
Watchmen
Observe and Report
Star Trek
A Serious Man
Where the Wild Things Are
The White Ribbon
The Informant!

Whatever Works
The Hangover

Astrostic

1. Primitive: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (Weerasethakul)
2. The Tree of Life (Malick)
3. The Turin Horse (Tarr)
4. Broken Hugs (Almodovar)
5. The Limits of Control (Jarmusch)
6. Where the Wild Things Are (Jonze)
7. Up (Docter)
8. Mammoth (Moodyson)
9. The White Tape or the Teacher's Tale (Haneke)
10. The Road (Hillcoat)

w/o horse

Big Man Japan
Donkey Punch
Eden Log
http://www.sixshooterfilmseries.com/

Beeswax
Tokyo!
Harvard Beats Yale 29-29
King Shot
Johnny To's The Red Circle remake
Anders Banke's remake of Johnny To's Breaking News
Tim Burton's remake of Tim Burton's Frankenweenie
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

+ the other movies already mentioned.

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pozer

tree-o-life, Stéphane's top 3, up, shutter isle,, is this being made? i'm so behind.

picolas

1. avatar
2. where the wild things are
3. the road
4. fantastic mr. fox
5. inglorious
6. up
7. watchmen
8. funny people
9. shutter island
10. the soloist
11. wolverine
12.. terminator
13... 2012

picolas

matt35mm

Quote from: picolas on January 08, 2009, 12:48:48 AM
+ Død Snø!

Haha, that was playing in Norway while I was there.  I didn't want to watch the film without subtitles though.

Gamblour.

Haha god, I did one of these back in 2006, and I was soooo full of shit. I only saw three of the movies I listed, and my prospects were so weak. That was a really bad year nonetheless. I had no opinions.

1. The Road/Watchmen - It really is a tie. I fucking loved the Proposition and read The Road back in September. Knowing Viggo was going to be the man, that really altered the way I read the book, and it was an incredible, moving read. I cannot wait to see how it looks. BEFORE I read The Road, I read Watchmen. Equally, I can't wait to see how Snyder handles this. 300 is fucking incredible to a degree, and if he could just hone that and tell a story, then we'll have a great film. I think he'll fall short, but I hope not. I also love Jackie Earle Haley and Patrick Wilson.

2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Another adaptation, this was my favorite book in the series. Rowling's writing and narrative style had really matured and focused at this point. And the teaser! I've only liked Cuaron's take on HP so far, so I just hope I'm not let down yet again.

3. Inglorious Basterds - He's been talking about this movie so fucking long and tickling his choad about how awesome it would be, let's hope it's good.

4. The Informant - I've been very curious to see what happens here. Love Soderbergh and Damon, and let's be honest, his mustache started the whole fucking trend, it trickled down the Ocean's 11 roll call.

5. Dark Knight rerelease - This is cheating, but I missed it at IMAX and here's my chance.

6. This Side of the Truth - didn't see Ghost Town, don't really want to. This has an amazing cast and I'm glad to see Gervais writing this one.

7. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - If I learned anything in 2008, it's that I can really fucking love big entertaining movies. My top 10 will definitely have Dark Knight, Speed Racer, Tropic Thunder, and that's never happened before. I really fucking loved these movies, and I hope Wolverine turns out just as good and entertaining.

8. Where the Wild Things Are/Fantastic Mr. Fox - Long-worked-on and much hyped films. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Really appreciate Spike's insistence on non-CGI.

9. New York, I Love You - The title doesn't have as good of a ring to it, but I hope hope hope this doesn't suck. I loved the first one so much.

10. Funny People/The Box/Tetro/The Tempest - Let's just see. I really can't fucking wait to see Taymor tackle Shakespeare again.

And this part might need its own thread (and if this idea already exists, let me know and I'll move this), but...

LEAST Anticipated Films of '09

1. The Descent 2 - The first film scared the fucking shit out of me, I was really blown away by it. The scariest part was seeing those things for the first time, so a sequel is pointless.

2. S. Darko - I didn't even know this existed, wtf????

3. The Sims - I can't even believe they're trying this. It would be like a Tetris movie (unless that's what Coppola's new film is really about...!!)
WWPTAD?

brockly

1. where the wild things are
i believe in jonze.

2. up
another pixar-developed premise that makes me want shoot Jeffrey Katzenberg in the head.

3. the lovely bones
his last film was pretty much perfect in my eyes. very interested to see him return to a pre-lotr state of mind/filmmaking.

4. inglorious basterds
even though my qt fanboy days are long gone, this beast has been brewing for so long that im impatiently waiting to see how it turns out. however after his last film, i wont be disappointed if this sucks.

5. the tree of life / avatar / funny People
wisdom goes whammy lol.

picolas

amazing list of upcoming films:

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/01/60-most-anticipated-films-of-2009.html

i forgot a bunch of these and feel like my list sucks now. there's too many. this could be the third remarkably great year in a row.

modage

there's a lot of stuff i want to see on there but i'm still happy with my list.

and 2008 was definitely an off-year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Quote from: modage on January 17, 2009, 10:56:34 AM

and 2008 was definitely an off-year.

You mean like you were sick and bedridden and unable to attend all the great movies that were released?  I know what you mean.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

like, i can't find 10 movies i liked enough to put on a list.