The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghostboy on April 10, 2007, 03:56:34 PM

that tiger looks like it was drawn by oldmate Bruce Lee as part of his "Wandering Eye" series.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: bigideas on April 10, 2007, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on April 10, 2007, 04:29:36 PM
is that the poster? if so yes please.

i think i found that through the IMDB board and the blog i saw it on said it was an April Fool's joke done by Portman's website.

That's great. Everyone will praise it, but when everyone finds out it was just a mock poster, the distinction between a quality Wes Anderson poster and a bullshit one is lost.

polkablues

It doesn't matter if it's legitimate, bullshit, parody, finger-painted or whatever.  It's a great fucking poster.  If it's not official, they should pay the artist whatever it takes to make it official.  Otherwise we're going to end up with a big ol' sepia-toned sheet with Brody, Wilson, and Schwartman's giant heads half-smiling as they gaze wistfully downward upon an old-fashioned train cruising along with the Taj Mahal just barely visible in the distance.

I mean, we're going to end up with that anyway, but at least hold it off until the DVD.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on April 10, 2007, 11:23:57 PM
with the Taj Mahal just barely visible in the distance in a peekaboo.

fxd
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on April 10, 2007, 10:47:53 PM
Quote from: bigideas on April 10, 2007, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on April 10, 2007, 04:29:36 PM
is that the poster? if so yes please.

i think i found that through the IMDB board and the blog i saw it on said it was an April Fool's joke done by Portman's website.

That's great. Everyone will praise it, but when everyone finds out it was just a mock poster, the distinction between a quality Wes Anderson poster and a bullshit one is lost.

huh? i like the look of it too, just telling everyone what i read.

"print the legend," eh?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on April 10, 2007, 11:23:57 PMI mean, we're going to end up with that anyway, but at least hold it off until the DVD.

...when they tack on the Criterion 'C'.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

that's an interesting... opinion...

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pubrick

i'm feeling that john is no longer editing his posts.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Anyway, we should make a new marquee:

"XIXAX: We almost definitely changed the world"
My house, my rules, my coffee

john

Uh, yeah....

Sorry about that. There were supposed to be quotations and ideas more tangible than they were presented.

Apparently, I'm not the most lucid drunk at three in the afternoon.

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Redlum

Quote from: john on April 12, 2007, 11:35:26 AM

Apparently, I'm not the most lucid drunk at three in the afternoon.

That's okay with me.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

cine

Quote from: Pubrick on April 10, 2007, 08:51:11 PMthat tiger looks like it was drawn by oldmate Bruce Lee as part of his "Wandering Eye" series.
hahaha oh man. hilarious all over again.

last days of gerry the elephant

Who wants to bet that West Coast from Schwartzman's album will be appearing in the movie/soundtrack?

http://www.myspace.com/coconutrecords

tpfkabi

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 09, 2007, 12:27:19 PM
Who wants to bet that West Coast from Schwartzman's album will be appearing in the movie/soundtrack?

http://www.myspace.com/coconutrecords

i had no idea he had a new band until i read that they were on the Spiderman 3 soundtrack.
someone was pointing out how Spidey 2 had a lot of butt rock bands (nickelback) and this one has a lot of indie rock (flaming lips, etc).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.