Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby

Started by MacGuffin, February 14, 2006, 03:14:42 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: August 4, 2006

Cast: Will Ferrell (Ricky Bobby), Sacha Baron Cohen (Jean Girard), John C. Reilly (Cal Naughton Jr.), Michael Clarke Duncan (Lucius Washington), Gary Cole (Reese Bobby), David Koechner, Leslie Bibb, Jane Lynch

Director: Adam McKay (Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy)

Screenwriter: Adam McKay & Will Ferrell

Premise: Ricky Bobby is a go-for-broke race car driver, who in races either finishes first or doesn't finish at all. Unhappy with these results, Bobby's team owner brings over Jean Girard, a French Formula One driver, who quickly becomes Bobby's biggest rival. Bobby partners with his buddy Cal, to form Thunder and Lightning, the most feared duo in the game.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

Kal

I dont know about this... but that picture of Will Ferrel with J C Reilly made my day.

Pubrick

i don't think john c and sascha b would do this if it weren't awesome. however, the power of the ferrell flop is hard to ignore..
under the paving stones.

Ravi

RegularKarate

Just listened to an older Guys with Feelings Podcast and they interviewed Adam McKay.

He just went on and on about JCR and how much he blew everyone away... how much he made Ferrell laugh and how great he is at improv.

I guess originally, he read for a part in an early version of Anchorman and did better than anyone else, but ended up having to do Aviator instead.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

they were both hysterical at the mtv movie awards, moreso j.c.

here's hoping for the best.

Ultrahip

"There aint nothin more frightenin than drivin with a live cougar"

HA!

Pubrick

i would like to give just a general HA to the whole trailer. especially the cougar and this:

"Tom Cruise use your witchcraft to get the fire off me!"

it's looking good.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

its crazy that i dont know who that chick is, and she's not amy adams.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on June 23, 2006, 11:40:55 PM
its crazy that i dont know who that chick is, and she's not amy adams.

It's Leslie Bibb, plus about two pounds of Kleenex.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek237

The bad news: There's no way it could possibly be as great as Anchorman. Just..no way.

The good news: The trailer alone is already better than Bewitched.