the saddest music in the world

Started by NEON MERCURY, December 08, 2004, 12:43:08 PM

NEON MERCURY

have any of you guys seen this?  when i was at best buy the other day i saw the cover w/ issabella and read the back and it sounded "interesting" but wasnt sure rather if its worth the $20.  nor was i familiar with the directors previous works.  tell me what you think.

yay/nay?

MacGuffin

Sorry, I had to edit the title in case of future Searches.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

GB, thanks...you got good taste  so, i am will definatley pick it up....

and Mac....no problem .. :yabbse-cool:

NEON MERCURY

i saw this last nigth and i enjoyed it alot!
and more peole shoudl see this.  its a good movie so, if you like good movies then you will like this but if you like bad movies you want like this :elitist:

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[spoilers]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

>the guy from kids in the hall was hilarious, the film has its funny moments
>the _______ vs. ________ shit was great
>beer legs/cracked/shattered.... :bravo:
>i liked the silent film look  and the sets and shit
>my favorite imagery was the early montage sequence when it shows a closeup of soem dude plying guitar and he "played until his fingers bleed" ....and the end with the ddu playing piano while th ewhole thing ios on fire ...good shit.

.....end of spoilers...................

anyway if you like, blood, amputations, beer, hi-jinks, handjobs, fortune tellers, wicked imagry, and music...you should see this........it has me approval.....

peaceisourprofession

i've only seen the first 15 minutes of it, everytime I try watching it I am interrupted. It's almost as if god doesn't want me to see it...oh, but I will. I WILL! especially since I own it.
from the first fifteen minutes I must say its very interesting and makes me kind of dizzy, which is always good.
"I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone." - Mother Theresa
excerpt from her nobel prize acceptance speech

pete

I saw this.  this was really good.  it began with kinda this pretentious flair but the ending, the last two songs, were killers.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton