ANACONDAS!

Started by El Duderino, April 15, 2004, 06:43:00 PM

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

pete

Hahaha, my friend Karl is a star in it.  He's the asian guy from Fast and the Furious' brother, who is better looking and a better actor, but he's in some shit movies.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bruce Lee

I've been on the set of this film in Fiji....
when i was backpacking with the Feeje experience tour we treked to the center of the the main island and drifted down this river on inflatable tires.....passing through the set of this film and some angry crew workers....

SoNowThen

When I saw this trailer in the theatre last night I thought it was a bad joke, or I was dreaming or something. But no, it's actually real.

So what is this, like a shot by shot remake of the first one, with a "looks like them" carbon copy of each actor, minus the Voight character plus a younger cooler bad guy? Seriously, if this shit gets made, I have absolutely no worries that I can get all of my films financed...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Rudie Obias

just because the first one was just so great?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

Quote from: SoNowThenSeriously, if this shit gets made, I have absolutely no worries that I can get all of my films financed...
Your films feature large snakes too?!

SoNowThen

:)  If that's what it takes...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

A Matter Of Chance

I looks like a masterful film, and the subtle Jaws reference is comforting.

MacGuffin

Director: Dwight H Little

Cast: Johnny Messner, Morris Chetnut, Eugene Byrd, Salli Richardson, Peter Curtis, Nicholas Gonzalez, Kadee Strictland, and Carl Yune

Premise: A scientific expedition is sent to the jungles of Borneo to search for a rare black orchid by a powerful pharmaceutical company that hopes the orchid can be used to unlock the secrets of youth and immortality. What they discover is that the orchid is already being used by a powerful group... a swarm of giant snakes that derive their super strength, size and vitality from the flowers, and extremely large snakes are also extremely hungry snakes...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceI looks like a masterful film, and the subtle Jaws reference is comforting.
yes, but we didn't see the fish until one hour into the movie, 'kay? i don't like the trailer because we can see the creature a couple of times. but i think it looks promising and better than the first one.

mutinyco

Excellent. Dwight Little takes a break from directing Michael Myers and Steven Seagal!
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceI looks like a masterful film, and the subtle Jaws reference is comforting.
yes, but we didn't see the fish until one hour into the movie, 'kay? i don't like the trailer because we can see the creature a couple of times. but i think it looks promising and better than the first one.

i was being sarcastic...