Best Documentary: GRIZZLY MAN

THE NOMINEES

Bob Dylan: No Direction Home
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Grizzly Man
March of the Penguins
Murderball

Split Infinitive

Excellent.  I'm curious as to by how wide a margin Grizzly Man won.
Please don't correct me. It makes me sick.

squints

We wanted to show how much smarter we are than the academy.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

too wide.  did nobody watch No Direction Home?  vintage Dylan?  nobody?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Timothy Treadwell > Bob Dylan

Obviously.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

squints

I saw the Bob doc..even with scorsese at the helm the film just didn't get to me like G-man did.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Bethie

Death to all of you. Timothy Treadwell style.
who likes movies anyway

Split Infinitive

Quote from: modage on April 18, 2006, 10:08:09 PM
too wide.  did nobody watch No Direction Home?  vintage Dylan?  nobody?
I really liked No Direction Home, but it really failed to stick the landing.  The ending was so abrupt and so... well, I wouldn't even call it an ending.  No sleight to Dylan as an artist, but Scorsese could have done much better with the conclusion.  It seemed like he ran out of time.
Please don't correct me. It makes me sick.

Neil

Grizzly Man, Easily the best documentary of the five...Oddly enough I actually watched all of them, and I thought Enron, was better than  The Dylan Doc...Something just didn't settle right with me during it...But, don't get me wrong i am a Dylan fan...Just seemed rushy or something...Who knows...
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Neil
What did you guys think?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

sheshothim

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2006, 04:52:42 PM
Quote from: Walrus on April 20, 2006, 02:33:53 PM
What did you guys think?

Ba-dum-chh.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm amused by this!
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Pubrick

Quote from: sheshothim on June 10, 2006, 05:52:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2006, 04:52:42 PM
Quote from: Walrus on April 20, 2006, 02:33:53 PM
What did you guys think?

Ba-dum-chh.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm amused by this!
you two deserve each other.
under the paving stones.