Get Back

Started by Alethia, October 15, 2021, 01:48:19 PM

Alethia

https://twitter.com/thebeatles/status/1448274968576471042

A (now) docuseries about the making of the second best Beatles album from the man who brought you Dead Alive!!!!! Featuring never before seen footage of John/Paul/George/WherethefuckisRingo apparently not hating each other? I can't wait. :D

Yes

this will of course be amazing but I'm still somewhat disappointed this is a Disney release hence censoring the more #problematic. Think of the footage of Lennon smoking it up we'll never see

Alma

God this looks unbelievable, can't believe the quality of the footage. The "it's such a comical thing, in 50 years time, they broke up cause Yoko sat on an amp" line!

Robyn

Wow, yeah, this looks unreal. Didn't even watch the trailer the other day because I thought it was just another Beatles doc, but this footage is spectacular.

Drenk

Ascension.

wilberfan

I love how George looks intently back and forth between John and Paul--at their faces.  (I might have expected him to be looking at their guitars for chords or something.)

Drenk

Quote from: wilberfan on November 12, 2021, 10:35:54 AM
I love how George looks intently back and forth between John and Paul--at their faces.  (I might have expected him to be looking at their guitars for chords or something.)

Twist: George is trying not to murder them.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Now 'I Me Mine' iz stuck in my head. So far the pacing works really well, as you mentioned in shoutbox it's a joy to watch the songs form. Conversations flow into strumming excursions. Wonder if we'll get recordings of the conversation in Ringo's house. Doubtful I guess, as the filmmakers weren't present.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Yoko and John dancing and nearly following over was cute ~ and there were so many great splashes of color. When they reconvene from lunch after George has left, the edit implies that they go berserk to try and work out some of the tension.

Drenk

I've seen many versions of this tweet, but it's particularly funny to pretend Octopus Garden is a sinister song about Ringo hating his mates while rightfully saying that the narrative around Yoko Ono breaking the band is full of shit. George helping Ringo writing that song is a very heartwarming moment in Get Back, which is absolutely spectacular, by the way. Mythologies keep being written! Even if I believe that Get Back doesn't shy away from the tension and the joy. Yes, The Beatles didn't break up because of Yoko. They were aimless and their egos were trying to break free. But the documentary also shows her intrusive presence; there's a difference between visiting your partner and being constantly glued to them at work.

https://twitter.com/EricaFails/status/1466960172367163394

Ascension.

Robyn

Yeah, she was sitting right next to him the entire time, but it's weirder that it was John who wanted her there.

The Octopus moment was amazing. And the Get Back moment of course. I was watching a traveling show the other day where one of host introduced Tulsca by mentioning that The Beatles namedropped them. And when it got written it was just something Paul threw out there because he had heard about it on TV or something lol

wilberfan