The Darkness -- Queen meets AC/DC meets Spinal Tap

Started by Raikus, November 05, 2003, 09:26:17 AM

European Son

They're touring the U.S. this Spring. I'm going to see them in Atlanta.

March 26: Milwaukee (Rave)
March 27: Chicago (The Vic)
Mach 28: Detroit (St. Andrews)
March 30: Cleveland (Peabody's)
March 31: Pittsburgh (Laga)
April 2: Philadelphia (Theater of the Living Arts)
April 3: Boston (Avalon)
April 4: Providence, R.I. (Lupos)
April 6: Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club)
April 8: Atlanta (Cotton Club)
April 9: New Orleans (House of Blues)
April 11: Houston (Engine Room)
April 12: Dallas (Trees)
April 13: Austin, Texas (La Zona Rosa)
April 15: Phoenix (Marquee)
April 16: San Diego (Canes)
April 17: Los Angeles (Henry Fonda Theatre)
April 19: Denver (Ogden Theater

Sigur Rós

QUENTIN TARANTINO DIRECTS THE DARKNESS!

QUENTIN TARANTINO directed THE DARKNESS' performance on a US TV show last night.

The Oscar-winning 'Kill Bill 2' man was the guest director on the 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' show in Los Angeles last night (April 20) where The Darkness performed two songs, 'Growing On Me' and 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'.

Several hundred fans lined Hollywood Boulevard for hours to gain entry to the late night chat show at El Capitan Theatre.

In-between Tarantino-style scenes of blood and gore, the band also found time to chat with Kimmel about working with Tarantino.

"(We're) big fans, big fans, yeah. He's a legend in England," guitarist Dan Hawkins told him.

Singer, Justin Hawkins, and bassist, Frankie Poullain, were also keen to talk about their idiosyncratic dress sense.

"We've gone for a...it's a fusion," Hawkins laughed, wearing leather pants and suede chaps.

"There are no words to describe it. It's something that's very hard to categorise and put in a niche," bassist Frankie Poullain added.

The band also announced the second leg of their US tour, which will begin in Boston on May 31.

~source: NME