Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

samsong

the horrors - strange house
context, context, context.

hedwig

is their other music similar to Sheena is a Parasite? i don't think i would've liked that song had it not been owned by Cunningham.

np

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's all about My Diamond Star Car.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

JG

i can't find cover art, but i've been listening to avey tare and kria brekken - pullhair rubeye.  the whole album seems to be in reverse, and i guess they've been getting a lot of flak for the decision to present the record this way.  avey tare explains it in depth , but here's my favorite part:

"by the way it was the 21st of december when we decided this. I think it was a combination of of being stuck in nyc for christmas and seeing that new david lynch movie, so if youre that bummed you can blame the weather and david lynch."

anways i like it both reversed and unreversed. 

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: mogwai on February 05, 2007, 09:45:49 AM

The track "The Good, The Bad and The Queen" is just one of the greatest things I've ever heard. If anyone could recommend more stuff similar to that chaotic madness (yet warm and complex, like Phoenix) it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and currently listening to:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Kinski - Don't Climb on and Take the Holy Water

Very nice atmospheric music.

pete

I totally forgot about this guy.  what a guy!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

context, context, context.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

samsong

do make say think - you, you're a history in the rust

mogwai

fizzarum "monochrome plural"