The Music in your lifes

Started by Vile5, August 12, 2003, 06:12:26 PM

Vile5

There is a song in your lifes what could define yourselfs, lifes, or just talk about people you love??
Well music is so important to me and i can define so many things with a song, for example, there are two moments in my life what were simply horrible and they changed me forever (i know it) is strange but i can define them with a beautiful song Stay (far away so close) by U2 two years ago someone dedicated to me that song by telephon and that marked my life now i'm writing something soooo personal and this song is part of my story...
am i the only one here who mix music with real life????
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Cecil

boy this is tough.... heres the soundtrack to the movie of my life:

love will tear us apart (joy division) - opening credits
how soon is now? (the smiths) - love theme
marquee moon (television) - not wanting to share these feelings theme
beat on the brat (ramones) - happy theme
were in this together (nin) - hope theme
this is the new shit (marilyn manson ) - angry theme
pop goes the world (men without hats) - wanting to break fingers for
    sexual gratification theme
boys dont cry (the cure) - sad theme
mother (pink floyd) - frustrated child theme
love will tear us apart [reprise] (joy devision) - closing credits

Gamblour.

That's a nice little idea, here's mine (most are definitely inspired by movies, but I don't wanna name them):

Opening Credits: Cake - Opera Singer
Driving in the car/moment of hope scene: Live - Waitress
About to kick some serious ass: Foo Fighters - My Hero
About to cry/lowest moment: Foo Fighters - February Star
Death scene: Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings (heard in Platoon and Elephant Man)
Spending time with a girl scene (you know, the scene that isn't in the movie): 311 - 8:16 a.m.
Losing the girl (you know, the whole movie): 311 - Lose/311 - Sever
Extreme Depression: DMB - Stone
Closing Credits: Hoobastank - Remember Me

That was way too hard to do, there's too many songs to pick for generic elements of a movie...you really need a context to apply it to. The songs I picked were picked because they kick ass, but mostly I just made the categories fit the songs...there are too many to choose.
WWPTAD?

atticus jones

jesus loves me this i know...for the bible tells me so...little one to him belong...they are weak but he is strong...yes jesus love me...yes jesus loves me...yes jesus loves me...the bible tells me so...

birthdays were the worst days...now we sip champagne when were thirsty

i smell sex and candy...yeah...whos that loungin in my chair...whos that casting...devious stares in my direction...mama this surely is a dream...yeah

youre the one that i want...youre the want yeah...ooh ooh ooh...

at last...my love has come along...my lonely days are gone...and my life is like a song
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Vile5

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedboy this is tough....
i'm a girl
Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedhow soon is now? (the smiths) - love theme
that's a fucking great song!!!!!!!!!!!

ok this is my own real life soundtrack:

a perfect date? with "Kissing a fool" George Michael
a song to dedicate to my mother? "In your eyes" Peter Gabriel
a song to dedicate to my brother? "One caress" Depeche Mode
a song to sing the next New Year's day? "Goodbye Strangers" Super Tramp
a party? "Hey boys, hey girls" Chemical Brothers
a song to my funeral? "I will remember you" Sarah McLachan (yeah, you were right MacGuffin and tremolosloth)
and i'm agnostic but if i'd believe in god i'd like to think that "God is a DJ" Faithless
oh! and a song to define my self? "I think i'm paranoid" Garbage
and so on.........

Pubrick

Quote from: Vile5
Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedboy this is tough....
i'm a girl
that's an expression like when sumone says God i hate my job, they're not calling u God.
under the paving stones.

Vile5

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pthat's an expression like when sumone says God i hate my job, they're not calling u God.

Except in your case.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Opening theme: The Obvious Child by Paul Simon
Driving into town theme: Supersonic by Oasis
fuck I'm lonely and sad theme: Hanging On A Star by Nick Drake
self-loathing theme: Just by Radiohead
finally get some action theme: Last Night by The Strokes
contemplating life song: Rain Song by Led Zep
falling in love: Hey Hey What Can I Do by Led Zep
halfway point, play the whole thing in full, cool sequence song: Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones
kick back, calm down theme: Lucky Man by The Verve
obsessing about a girl again theme: One I Love by Coldplay
bringing it all home theme: Gimme Shelter by the Stones
goodbye girl I might love theme: See You Soon by Coldplay
end song: You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Stones
as the end credits come to a close: Buckets Of Rain by Bob Dylan
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Redlum

...and very nearly like

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: Yes I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Vile5

Quote from: SoNowThenself-loathing theme: Just by Radiohead
yeahhh i'm writting a secuence of self-loathing with Radiohead too but i'm using Rh in a love story too (don't ask)

Quote from: SoNowThenfinally get some action theme: Last Night by The Strokes
Good song really

Quote from: SoNowThenhalfway point, play the whole thing in full, cool sequence song: Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones
That would be great!

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Lucinda Bryte

The whole album "The Wall" by Pink Floyd used to describe me.

The whole thing about building a wall so people can't get in... and how negative memories/people in my life were just 'bricks in the wall'... it was so weird.

There are so many meanings to that album, but I just identified with the whole isolation of Pink.

I'm not too much like that anymore. I just feel like I'm sort of drifting. My life is pretty mundane as of late.

I liked my wall phase though. I had stronger emotions back then. Now I just feel sort of blah.

Ghostboy

It's evolved over the years. The Wall when I was younger, The Smashing Pumpkins at a certain point, Outkast sometimes, Nick Cave more often, Radiohead not too long ago at all. The Beatles when I'm happy, Hedwig And The Angry Inch when I've been lost, NIN when I've been mad, or thrice versa. Certain songs at certain times. So many times the song I'm listening to at a certain point is just the most perfect song for those two minutes. It fills you up like air in your lungs, and nothing could be better.

phil marlowe

everything by pink describes my life cos i've got so many teenage problems and i cry everyday and my mommy told me not to go to this party and daddy drinks and my brother is teasing me and i'm so unhappy and i can't afford a ps2 and i'm not popular in school cos  i have the wrong clothes and i have bad hair and i'm so unhappy cos i'm bad at math and people are pushing me and i don't know what i want and i'm so unhappy cos the sad sad movie which is my life is just so bad and i'm having too much hjomework and pink is just so really good and i really want a ps2 and i'm so unhapppymy dick is really small.