Requiem for a Dream Score

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:07:00 AM

life_boy

I have Clint Mansell's eerie cues from 'Requiem for a Dream' stuck in my head.  That was an overlooked score as well as movie.  Both are great.

jontomosicz

That is one of my favorite scores....it haunted me for what seemed like weeks after I saw the movie.

There's a remix album of the score, which has a few good remixes, but the rest are a little too techno-y for me...one or two tried to create a dance remix of the score -- pretty strange.

Jeremy Blackman

Also one of my favorite scores. Aronofsky should get Yo Yo Ma in on his next project.

Dirk

Yeah, I watched the movie yesterday and was reminder just how good that score is. I'll have to pick it up sometime soon. One of the best scores in recent memory.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

USTopGun47

Requiem's music is so haunting.  Kronos Quartet does a great job.  Yo-Yo-Ma would be amazing.
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Ghostboy

One of the all time great scores, for sure. Or at least one of the most original. I love it so much that even though it was slightly distracting in the Two Towers trailer, it ended up making me even more excited for the movie. Plus it was cool to hear that orchestrated version.

oakmanc234

'Requiem's score is so full of despair and tragedy, so in another words its PERFECT for the film. That score drains the happiness out of me just thinking about it. There was funky little techno stuff going too which was sweet but its *that* score that sticks with you.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

©brad

the Kronos Quartet did a show at UGA last year. i was going to go see it but i remember it being at the end of the school year and i was really broke at that point. (something like $25 for and hour and a half!) I regret not going cos it would have been the heat.

abbey road

requiem for a dream, american beauty, road to perdition, and every carter burwell score (especially for the Coen films, and hamlet), but i think some of the best movies have just a bunch of great vintage songs- wes andersons films, or magnolia using amiee mann, pulp fiction--- yea those r good 2.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

NEON MERCURY

...have the kronos scored other films???if so what???

and yes RFAD's score is pure brilliance and etc.etc, etc, .......

Find Your Magali

The DVD for the original Dracula (1931) contains an original score by Philip Glass, performed by the Kronos Quartet.

Finn

I really loved this score. It was powerful and effective to the movie and the story it was telling. But I particularly loved the last one that plays just the sound effects of the beach which is used on the end credits.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Find Your MagaliThe DVD for the original Dracula (1931) contains an original score by Philip Glass, performed by the Kronos Quartet.

How old does that make Phillip Glass?  I thought he did Powaqqatsi and such...and he's still making music today, isn't he?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: Find Your MagaliThe DVD for the original Dracula (1931) contains an original score by Philip Glass, performed by the Kronos Quartet.

How old does that make Phillip Glass?  I thought he did Powaqqatsi and such...and he's still making music today, isn't he?
he's 66....

he didn't do the original score, but wrote a new one to go along with the film a few years ago.  it's quite good

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob

:: Does best Frank Mackey impersonation ::

"Was that unclear?"

:-D