Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Fernando

Today's the day and two episode premier, yay!  :onfire:

Kal

is it two episode for sure? i know these fuckers and their marketing gimmicks and they have only been saying "the premiere event". sounds like the first hour is a recap of everything and then the episode? hope i'm wrong

Fernando

If not two episodes then it's a two hour episode starting 8pm central time, before that at 7pm CT there is a clip show.

http://abc.go.com/

click on schedule.

Sleepless

Apparently it's 2 episodes:
Because You Left. Ben and Jack attempt to convince the Oceanic 6 to return to save the others; the other survivors begin to feel the effect of moving the island.

The Lie. Hurley and Sayid find themselves on the run from the cops; the island survivors come under attack; an old friend ensures that Kate keeps "the lie" a secret.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pas

Gosh this is starting to get quite fucked up. It was pretty good I guess.

Nit picking : They can't change anything yet they can kill people ? What these are meaningless lives and therefore do not matter in the space/time continuum ? whatever as soon as you put time travel in something you will fail at keeping anything logical.

MacGuffin

As much as I hate her, that "What if I was real?" bit was awesome.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quite good and I was immensely happy about all of it. Though I had some stranger things on my mind.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

Quote from: Pas Rap on January 21, 2009, 10:03:21 PM
Nit picking : They can't change anything yet they can kill people ? What these are meaningless lives and therefore do not matter in the space/time continuum ? whatever as soon as you put time travel in something you will fail at keeping anything logical.

SOME SPOILERS, although its clear if you did not watch you should not be here by now!

They can die because if they die there it does not change the future. It makes total sense (if we can call anything about this fricking show making sense).

It was very good, but too crazy. I need time to process and more episodes. Of course after so much wait and excitement I would have enjoyed even if they show Kate playing chess with Hurley for two hours. I dont give a damn, but I think maybe some of the previous season openers were better without being all over the fucking place.

The whole jumping back and forth is pure insanity. Would love to know where that is going. The present part with the Oceanic Six was all pretty good.

Some of the best things I can recall:

- Desmond opening the hatch and finding Faraday.
- That annoying bastard getting shot by the flaming arrow.
- Sayid killing the guy with the knifes on the dishwasher.
- Sawyer and Hurley having more screen time.
- Hurley's storytelling of everything that happened to his mom.
- "Why is there a dead pakistani in my couch?"

Lost is back and that is good enough!

Pas

Quote from: kal on January 22, 2009, 02:02:50 AM
Quote from: Pas Rap on January 21, 2009, 10:03:21 PM

SOME SPOILERS, although its clear if you did not watch you should not be here by now!

They can die because if they die there it does not change the future. It makes total sense (if we can call anything about this fricking show making sense).

Well it doesn't change the future of the oceanic people but it sure as fuck changes their future (being dead vs being alive). And my friend told me : ''Well maybe they were gonna die anyway later on in the story so it doesn't really change the future'' to which I reply : ''well aren't we all ?''

As far as the story goes, after 1 hour everybody in the room asked : ''OK now when is this happening?''. We figured it out with Aaron being older but still it was confusing as hell.

Anyway I still liked it but I predict a major drop in ratings in the 18-35-good-looking-female sector.

Gamblour.

Why doesn't Desmond remember Faraday?

And who points the knives upward in a dishwasher? Garden State all over again.

Neil was quite the fucking red shirt.

I loved these episodes, and this is the first time I need to see an episode for a second time because so much happened.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Quote from: Gamblour. on January 22, 2009, 07:56:28 AM

And who points the knives upward in a dishwasher? Garden State all over again.

I do. Who knows when you're gonna need your dishwasher to kill someone.

Pozer

Quote from: kal on January 22, 2009, 02:02:50 AM
- That annoying bastard getting shot by the flaming arrow.

why couldn't Bernard & Rose get shot too?

RegularKarate

OILERS-SPAY

I didn't really think it was that "Crazy".  I actually appreciated them just getting things moving immediately instead of just going for "mind-blowing moments"

I knew Frogurt was a red-shirt immediately... so funny when he died.

The reveal toward the end of the second episode was obviously supposed to be a bigger deal than it was... I had to look her up and then when I remember who she was, it wasn't a big deal to me.  I think that's good though... I think it means that things are fitting together... they're making sense in the big picture.

Quote from: Pozer on January 22, 2009, 01:15:17 PM
why couldn't Bernard & Rose get shot too?

You have no heart... Bern and Rose are great!

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 22, 2009, 01:23:52 PM
I knew Frogurt was a red-shirt immediately... so funny when he died.

Jack has such a perfect haircut & nicely trimmed facial hair. who's the barber on the island? hopefully it wasn't annoying Neil.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblour. on January 22, 2009, 07:56:28 AM
Why doesn't Desmond remember Faraday?

At that point in time, they didn't know each other. They were in the past when Desmond was still living in the hatch pushing the button. Faraday had to basically do what he did when Desmond freaked out on the helicopter ride to the freighter in Season 4; in his journal he had written, "If anything happens, Desmond Hume will be my constant."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks