Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Kal

Announcing publicly at COMICCON that Michael was coming back was the stupidest thing they ever did, or maybe the smartest. Everyone expects to see Michael and thats why it sucks that we all know who the man on the boat is, and who these fucking previews are talking about. But what if that is wrong??

We all know Michael will be in this episode, but what if he was part of Sun's flash-forward and not right there? That would be amazing. But then who the fuck can be in that boat? I mean, the other people who are not in the show anymore are dead, aren't they? Boone, Ecko, Paulo, Ethan, Goodwin, all dead... the russian is not dead actually cause he killed Charlie but he probably survived like he did 10 times before. So can it be him? It wouldnt be as exciting but its possible. So who the fuck?

Seriously if that person is not Michael and its someone we are not expecting for real, I will love Lost more than ever. And if I see Michael in Sun's flash-forward after she gets off the island without Jin, fucking genius.

diggler

Quote from: kal on March 11, 2008, 03:40:45 PM
Seriously if that person is not Michael and its someone we are not expecting for real, I will love Lost more than ever. And if I see Michael in Sun's flash-forward after she gets off the island without Jin, fucking genius.

i think youre gonna be disappointed.

the truth is, the average viewer of this show will be totally surprised by michael's revealing. i was talking to my dad the other day and suggested the possibility of michael being on the boat and his mind was blown. most people don't digest all the online speculation and interviews.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

You could be right... but Lost fans are probably the ones more involved in this shit than any other show... so who knows.

I just read some stuff on Ask Ausiello... SPOILERS. Here it is:

Question: I need to know who is on that boat on Lost! — Kelly
Ausiello: Well, Kelly, there's Sayid and Desmonds (1996 and 2004 editions) and the corpse of Fisher Stevens and some guy named Keamey... and I know that's not who you mean, but the identity of Ben's boat buddy is one scoop that Team Darlton is not letting slip, at least not until tomorrow night. In the meantime, try this Lost head-scratcher on for size: I have it on good authority that an upcoming, post-strike episode features both a pair of Arabic-speaking, horseback-riding Bedouins and a luxury doorman of British extraction. Without knowing whether it's a flashback or flash-forward, whose episode could that be? I had an extra bowl of crazy this morning, so I'm going with a consciousness-imploding guess: Charles Widmore, who is: A) a shadowy figure who has been coming into focus in recent weeks, B) a rich British dude and C) perhaps interested in those polar bear skeletons Charlotte found in the deserts of Tunisia, no? Any more sane guesses?

Ausiello: You know that series-regular death I alluded to a few weeks back? Well, tomorrow night's the night! But riddle me this, Lost fans: When is a death not a death, but a brand-new mystery all its own? Meanwhile, I was going to close this week's column by revealing the identity of the remaining members of Lost's super-cool clique, the Oceanic Six, but most of you seem to have it already figured out: *o* *a* *** **e **l* **** *i***.

Pas

Gosh this whole ''We now answer the questions'' thing really sucks. It feels rushed and fake. The new characters seem to be answer providers and not actual human beings.

I had wished Lost would remain a mystery without an answer. The Prisoner got it right, Twin Peaks got it right. Lost had it right but now it's getting more and more like Alias or whatever.

elpablo

spoilers i guess
aw what the fuck. that didn't/doesn't need to happen.

i guess i'm okay with the way Michael showed up. It was campy and funny. Better than him just walking up and saying hi or making a huge deal out of it.

i'm retro-adopting Bernard to be the grandpa i never had

the first half of this episode was absolutely nothing until captain exposition showed up, and then we still didn't really learn anything we don't already kind of know. overall not that great. but that ending. wtf.

Raikus

Didn't that just prove the Jin isn't dead? Wasn't the death date 9/22/04 which was the same as the plane crash? If so then they're just sticking to the cover story that 8 or so survived the crash and 2 died on the island before the Oceanic 6 were rescued.

Jin just chose to be one of those that staid behind.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleepless

Missed the dates on the grave. But figured early on Jin's were flashbacks. Was it just me or did not a lot really happen that ep? Disappointed that Michael was he man on the boat. Cool that Ben staged the fake crash, honestly didn't see that coming (stupid as I may be) but it figures - good on him! Most interesting thing was the freighter folk are going crazy, prob lots more on that. What say we forget Jack and Kate, and just focus on Sayid and Desmond from now on?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

That sound you heard was the collective yell of BITCH! aimed at Juliet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Raikus on March 13, 2008, 09:06:51 PM
Didn't that just prove the Jin isn't dead? Wasn't the death date 9/22/04 which was the same as the plane crash? If so then they're just sticking to the cover story that 8 or so survived the crash and 2 died on the island before the Oceanic 6 were rescued.

Jin just chose to be one of those that staid behind.

Between Aaron being away from Claire and Sun talking to Jin's grave as if he's dead, I think that the Oceanic Six think everyone else is dead.  It just seems odd to me that Sun would go to Jin's grave to talk to him if she knew he was still alive.  Hurley's comment of "Should we go see him?" makes me think that even more.  Why would he say that if they both knew he was still alive?

But of course, we're assuming that everyone on the island isn't really dead.

I still think Locke is going to wind up on the mainland somewhere.

Quote from: Sleepless on March 13, 2008, 09:15:15 PM
What say we forget Jack and Kate, and just focus on Sayid and Desmond from now on?

Agreed.  They're the new Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida.  Without all the killing.

modage

WAITAMINUTE.  when i watched the episode i was under the impression that Jin was still alive but had his mind wiped Desmond style and Sun believed he was dead because of some kind of coverup.  was his actually a flashback?!?  i am really slow. even though i figured Jin was not headed for Sun i had no idea it was a flashback.  the LOST team still manages to pull the rug out.   :bravo:

SO WHO ARE THE SIX?!

jack
kate
hurley
sayid
sun
and who?

SUPER SPOILERS FROM THE PROMO
so who's going to die next week?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

OK, so these last two episodes, even though they had their moments, weren't that great. That's a shame, because thing were really getting interesting. I didn't mind about the exposition, I've found it nice, but the whole flashback of Jin and everything... It was just there to fuck us up, and added nothing to the story. Anyway, I think (hope!) they're just taking a deep breath and bring us someting great in the next few episodes. Michael was predictable (maybe because of all of you saying so for the last weeks) but can get interesting in the future and, well, this was probably my least favorite Lost episode, but it's that old story: even if it's not that good, it's still Lost.
Si

diggler

so many questions about michael... next week should be great.

i love how they turn once secondary characters into major players. michael was my least favorite character from the first season, but they're really turning his story into something interesting.

jack has really taken a backseat this season
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

edison

©brad

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on March 14, 2008, 10:20:53 AM
OK, so these last two episodes, even though they had their moments, weren't that great. That's a shame, because thing were really getting interesting. I didn't mind about the exposition, I've found it nice, but the whole flashback of Jin and everything... It was just there to fuck us up, and added nothing to the story. Anyway, I think (hope!) they're just taking a deep breath and bring us someting great in the next few episodes. Michael was predictable (maybe because of all of you saying so for the last weeks) but can get interesting in the future and, well, this was probably my least favorite Lost episode, but it's that old story: even if it's not that good, it's still Lost.

we can't expect every episode to be of the same jaw-dropping caliber as the season 3 finale. that would actually get old quick-like. i like that some episodes are quieter than others and i enjoyed last night's, although i wish they gave us a little more boat time but i guess that's coming next week. 

and yeah michael was obvious to you and me and every other lostfreak out there but for the casual viewing audience who don't have lostpedia bookmarked on their internet browsers but are still fans, it was probably very shocking. the 4 people i watched it with were plenty whoa'd.

it was great to see michael again. this is a long shot i know, but what if next week we get michael's flashback of what the hell he's been up to for a season and a half, and what if they actually shot this sequence at the end of season 2 before puberty took hold of little walty, knowing that they would use it later on? that would be awesome.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on March 14, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
SO WHO ARE THE SIX?!

jack
kate
hurley
sayid
sun
and who?

I'm telling you guys, it's Locke.  They want us to think Aaron counts but it's Locke.  Hurley and Aaron were both in Locke's camp and they were rescued.