Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Kal

pumba

soooo fucked up,

Do you think Ben shot Locke where his missing kidney was?

Also, I wonder what happened to Ben's "girlfriend"...did she die in the gas too?

polkablues

Quote from: shnorff on May 10, 2007, 06:49:05 PM
Also, I wonder what happened to Ben's "girlfriend"...did she die in the gas too?

And what kind of parents would give woodworking tools to a seven-year-old girl?
My house, my rules, my coffee

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: shnorff on May 10, 2007, 06:49:05 PM

Bet in his next flashback we find out he knocked her up and she died from pregnancy.

Kal

Ok this is fucked up still... but some comments...

- Amazing how much the kid looked like Michael Emerson... even some gestures. Good casting.

- I hope Locke doesnt die. Right after he beat the shit out of the russian I was thinking he was the best character and how happy I was that he is back being like in the first season.

- I dont know if I want this to get more supernatural than what it is. Its cool when some of the weirdest things have a simple explanation. I have enough with the black smoke and now the invisible man...

- Jack is officially a dick. Sawyer and Sayid should beat his ass.

- I missed Hurley and Desmond this episode.

- I want Charlie to finally die.

Gamblour.

Ok, a guy from work and I went over it, and there are SO MANY f'in daddy issues:

-Jack and his pops
-Kate and her stepdad
-Ben and his dad
-Locke and his dad
-Alex and Ben
-Michael and Walt
-Hurley and Cheech
-Sawyer and his alter ego, and his dead daddy
-Claire and Jack's dad
-Desmond and Penny's dad
-Sun and Jin and Sun's dad, also Jin's dad, but that's a stretch

That's quite a few.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Tonights episode was blah... but I guess it makes sense... the calm before the storm.

I hate that this is the second time they do the 'Charlie is dying' thing and its obvious that he will not die when everyone is expecting it... so I knew something was going to happen.

The highlights were:

- Rose and Bernard
- Hurley in his 2 minute appearance
- The excitement/sadness that the finale is next week, meaning there is only one more episode before a 9 month break  :(

mogwai

could this be cassidy? who was conned by sawyer.

diggler

^that does look a lot like cassidy.

this felt more like the first hour of a three hour finale, but it did have a lot to set up. i like how they tied in where the cable on the beach led to. next week is gonna be intense!
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

grand theft sparrow

Man, I got so choked up when Charlie gave Hurley a goodbye hug.  That really got to me.  I haven't had a lump in my throat that big since Rose and Bernard reunited. 

I thought it was a good episode but yeah, I knew that they were faking us out with the flashback, that he wouldn't die at least in this episode.  Killing off Charlie would be kind of shitty but if it actually does get Claire off the island, fine.  They wrote themselves into a corner with her and the "you have to raise your baby or some bad stuff will happen" shit.  But if she leaves with Aaron, the world's biggest 2-month old, it's fine by me.

Fuck, I may cry at work because I keep thinking about that hug. 

Kal

Quote from: mogwai on May 17, 2007, 08:12:15 AM
could this be cassidy? who was conned by sawyer.

the one conned by sawyer and then helped kate, no? could very much be.

Chest Rockwell

Wow that was the strangest most beautiful ending. What a doozy.

Was the deceased Ben, maybe? They took care not to mention a sex, or at least I didn't notice one mentioned...so maybe it's some girl but I think Juliette would have had some people show up.

Ah whatever, what a wild way to end the season. Best episode yet, I think.

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS - PUBRICK, I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST YOU READING ANY FURTHER ON THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN ALL OF SEASON 3.

Fucking fantastic!  Best season finale so far, no question about it.  But they're lucky that they got that end date locked down because with it, that was a legendary episode, the kind that geeks will be talking about for years like the JFK assassination.  Without that end date, it would have been the mother of all shark jumpers.  Now that we know something about the future, I think that would have been the last straw for a lot of people.  But since we know we have 48 more episodes after this, it's all good.

Sad to see Charlie go.  I really hoped he would make it.  Hurley's deus ex bus was a great moment, cheese-filled as it was. 

I first thought it was Ben in the box, since no one went to the funeral, but who knows?  All we know is it definitely isn't Hurley since the coffin was normal-sized (unless the producers know that Jorge Garcia is going to get his stomach stapled).  It could be Locke as well.  Kate's reaction to the idea of going to this person's funeral makes me think it's someone whom she's currently not on the outs with. 

A friend of mine suggested that they might change the show now to be closer to something like The Nine, that the island stuff will become the "flashbacks" and they'll show us this future.  Not sure how I feel about that but it's not a bad way to go.  Might be a stretch for the casual fan to stay with but it just regained its title (if it ever lost it) of TV's most gripping show, in particular with Jack's line of "You go upstairs and find my father and if I'm drunker than him, you can fire me."

It was a good day today.  Aced my math final, Jordin Sparks won American Idol like I predicted back in January, and Lost's season finale was kickass!   

modage

LOST IS THE BEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME.

yes.  my mind is fucking blown.  i'm so sad right now i can't believe it.  thank you, season 3.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Ah yes I agree all around. That episode truly did solidify this show's status as one of the best experiences since, shit, moving pictures. Fuck, I can't even think about it clearly. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Hopefully they'll continue with these future flashbacks if only every now and then. That last clip was such a downer and a tease.