Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Kal

Wow, I did not see that before :yabbse-undecided:

Gamblour.

For some reason, I couldn't remember that that was future lady and assumed it was Barbara Bush....  :doh:
WWPTAD?

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: sparrowhoff on April 19, 2007, 10:40:49 AM
If the Jay and Jack podcast callers are any indication, that is the most universally noticed easter egg of the run of the show.  I think that shitty photoshopping was what caught the eye.

yeah! damn. i thought i was special then realized everyone on the internet had already caught it.

elpablo

I love this show. Great episode.

I really want Juliet to be good, and I sat through this entire episode wondering if she just took Ben's intructions as a chance to leave them behind and help out the people on the beach. That tape message at the end was great.

However, I also sat through the episode thinking "I hope Sawyer doesn't knock up Kate and turn the island into a baby farm." But it will get interesting anyway, so I don't really mind.

Also, I could tell that the parachute girl didn't really say "Thank you for helping me" and that the guy lied about the translation, but I couldn't tell what she'd said. Apparently she said "Eu não estou só" which is Portugese for ""I'm not alone." The guy lied about it for some reason.  :ponder:

MacGuffin

Quote from: elpablo on April 26, 2007, 11:28:43 AMThe guy lied about it for some reason.  :ponder:

You mean, the guy whose head exploded a couple weeks ago and is now, somehow, still alive?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

the guy must be a robot or something.

Pozer

anyone read this dude's lost diary over at tmz?

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/26/lost-diary-d-o-c/#continuedcontents

i like it.  and i like this:

"Assuming they aren't all in purgatory, and assuming this woman isn't lying (after all, she was looking for Desmond) here is a quick theory that will no doubt be proven wrong: Once the plane crashed on the island, Henry Gale called back to the Hanso/Dharma people to tell them what happened. The powers that be decided they couldn't have rescue teams come looking for the plane because they might find the island. So they somehow staged a fake crash site to keep people from looking. Could be, right?"

grand theft sparrow

I agree with that because at that point, the only other possibility I can think of is that the island itself is one constant across a number of alternate realities and so people can potentially come into that bubble from any of those realities.  Maybe this woman came in from an alternate existence in which Biff is the richest man in Hill Valley Flight 815 really crashed and everyone actually died.

But smart money's on the Dharma cover-up.

Oh, and Kate's pregnant.  What's up with that?

A Matter Of Chance

Smart money indeed - is it too far-fetched to think they could have actually gotten the plane that drifted into the sea?

JG

my initial impression was that island time is different than real time, something that has been tossed around a lot this season (mittelos = lost time).  thus, the parachuter comes from sometime in the near future, a future where the losties have died and their bodies have been found.

but that theory has its flaws as well.

diggler

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on April 26, 2007, 03:20:23 PM
Smart money indeed - is it too far-fetched to think they could have actually gotten the plane that drifted into the sea?

possibly, but she mentioned that there were no survivors. if people were missing from the plane they would have said so.

the others are pretty brilliant manipulators (locking kate in an easy to escape cage, putting her in that dress) they're playing matchmakers!
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Gamblour.

Quote from: ddiggler6280 on April 26, 2007, 08:20:59 PM
the others are pretty brilliant manipulators (locking kate in an easy to escape cage, putting her in that dress) they're playing matchmakers!

Good call!

And I don't know if this is still part of the lore of the island, but the idea of being able to leave and arrive to the island...it seemed before that it was both impossible to find and impossible to leave. Desmond in the second season talking about how he couldn't leave the island...maybe he just meant fatalistically. Now, it seems that this was completely made up by the Others. Am I slow, or is this something that's been slowly eroded away over time?
WWPTAD?

Kal

I think the cover-up is probably what happened. They made sure nobody will come looking for the island. When such a big plane goes down, there will be an important search and rescue operation.

The rest about the others playing matchmakers could be very interesting with Kate and Sawyer. They seem to know that something is already happening to her. Maybe they gave them hormones or something before hoping they would bang, or maybe the island not only makes people heal but also conceive easier.

One thing I was wondering is that Sun is pregnant for only 53 days. They've been on the island 90 days. I dont remember at what point exactly Sun took the test but the timing is kinda weird. I mean usually women dont feel pregnant until the 3-4 week. I did not look into that because Im hoping the writers know what they're doing.

polkablues

Quote from: kal on April 27, 2007, 12:53:44 PM
Maybe they gave them hormones or something before hoping they would bang, or maybe the island not only makes people heal but also conceive easier.

Juliet said that sperm counts on the island were five times higher than normal.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on April 27, 2007, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: kal on April 27, 2007, 12:53:44 PM
Maybe they gave them hormones or something before hoping they would bang, or maybe the island not only makes people heal but also conceive easier.

Juliet said that sperm counts on the island were five times higher than normal.

There you go. I forgot that.

Kate's pregnancy would be interesting also for Jack.

Thank god Ana Lucia is dead, or she would also be pregnant with a baby from Sawyer. Maybe even Bernard and Rose can have a baby :)