Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on April 27, 2007, 11:48:09 PMThank god Ana Lucia is dead, or she would also be pregnant with a baby from Sawyer.

Or imagine a Libby/Hurley baby.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

...amusing how juliet and the others are only concerned with sun and kate's possibly pregnancy. 40 survivors and no one else has been gettin' busy?  what else is there to do?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 28, 2007, 12:01:41 AM
Quote from: kal on April 27, 2007, 11:48:09 PMThank god Ana Lucia is dead, or she would also be pregnant with a baby from Sawyer.

Or imagine a Libby/Hurley baby.

or imagine them having sex. :saywhat:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

No joke. They had a golf course also and I guess they got bored of playing golf after 2 days?

What the hell do all the other survivors in the background do? They never know what is happening, never get involved. Sometimes I feel it would have been better to have less survivors. But then they would not be able to introduce stupid new characters like Nikki and Paulo... Mmmm thats great!

JG

So I really liked last nights episode, maybe my favorite of the season.

pumba

holy balls, it was so awesome.
Even though we all knew about locke's dad...It was really funny how he believes the island to be hell "ain't it a lil hot fo heaven" me likey.

I can't wait for Michael to come back.

And should Jack be trusted? What's goin on there?

Oh. And i want to eight rope Juliet.

Gamblour.

I got goosebumps so bad during the entire scene from when Locke's dad says, "Tom Sawyer," until the end. That was so fucking intense, Josh Holloway definitely has pure rage pegged. Interesting that Locke managed to con Sawyer, really poignant, subtle way of saying the apple doesn't fall too far. Probably the most intense episode ever.
WWPTAD?

Kal

It was great... I was waiting for so long to see that look on Sawyers face... and its one of the first 'connections' between characters that is openly revealed to them.

Locke has once again found his purpose and he is focused like in Season 1 with the Hatch... and its great to see how the situation with Jack and the rest is getting worse... I wonder if Jack became stupid or if he is smarter than Juliet and everyone else.

I loved that Locke's dad called Ben "bugeye"

MacGuffin

ABC to Announce Lost End Date
Source: E! Online

Kristin Veitch at E! Online has learned that ABC is planning to announce the end date for "Lost" very soon. Veitch says that "the exact number of remaining episodes and seasons is still muddy—and might not be exactly two seasons."

She added that ABC is planning to push back the return date for the show to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also very likely that "Lost" will change time slots next season.

Veitch also says that fans can expect a "massive, mind-blowing, cast-related 'game-changer'... which is revealed in the season finale."

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Smart money is on a full fourth season with a commitment to an abbreviated fifth season, with the possibility of a full-length fifth season if ratings come back into form.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

As much as they want the ratings to increase with this press and making it seem like 'its ending, so the questions will be answered soon', I think ABC is happy with the ratings at this point. Its still one of the best rated shows and one of the top 10 in the demographic.

polkablues

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's still the most-purchased show on iTunes.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

You guys are still watching this show? I watch the promos from the show their having this week, about the show they had last week, and it doesn't even make sense from the show they showed a promo about three weeks ago.

How are they gonna get new fans if they don't even make sense? They need to take some pointers from the OC. Now that's a show that made me make sure I watched the promos they had from the week before about the week before, so I could catch up for next weeks episode. I'm an OC expert and I never even watched a full episode. Just every weeks promos. Seth better get back with Summer and Ryan needs to chill with the agro shit. When do Ryan and Kirsten get together? Major milf.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

grand theft sparrow

The promo they showed a few weeks ago was a "last few episodes of the season" promo.  They smashed up to 5 episodes of shit into 15 seconds.

What I don't think anyone is connecting, which polka kind of referred to on the last page, is that the ratings are going down because so many people are watching it on iTunes, or getting it for free on torrent sites.  I have only seen one article so far that connects online viewing with Nielsen ratings and that was in reference to The Office.  I don't understand why this isn't a bigger thing or one that's taken into greater consideration. 

I don't think it's possible for a show with a story arc that requires you watch the first 2 seasons will attract new viewers towards the end of season 3 with easy-to-follow promos.  At this point, the only new viewers the show will get are people who have finally been worn down by their friends who watch the first season or sci-fi geeks who have recently come out of long comas.