Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

JG

i love that this thread has been so active.. have we ever had so many board members posting after every week's episode?

the last two haven't been stellar, but epi 6 was far worse than this episode, and neither were soo bad. its still the best season ever.. even though we all saw the michael thing coming for a long time now, i still thought it was too cool.

what are we going to do during the mini-hiatus?!?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: JG on March 16, 2008, 07:16:27 PM
Buy the new episodes off of itunes, watch youtube for new videos and wait impatiently. Great to see Zoe Bell in this past episode and Harold P back again.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: JG on March 16, 2008, 07:16:27 PM

Battlestar Galactica.

Quote from: modage on January 06, 2008, 02:59:58 PM
according to the new Entertainment Weekly Season 4 begins Friday April 4th at 10pm.

Gamblour.

SPOILERS

Judging by the lack of a bombardment of posts, maybe I'm not the only one. I think this episode mistook surprises with good writing. The structure of the episode was incredibly clunky. At the end, when we suddenly go back to the island we haven't seen since the beginning of the episode, I had totally forgotten they were even going to the Temple. Michael's storyline wasn't that interesting. It's a lot of what we had basically guessed until this point, and even then it was boring to me. They could've written in a little bit more to keep us with them so the shock of their deaths had more weight. When they said a cliffhanger, I thought it was with Michael, not Ben's daughter, who was in the episode for about 3 minutes.

I think I only feel this way because they tried to hype it up as being a bit of a cliffhanger, even though it wasn't meant to be originally, but the strike forced it into one.

Also, we now know why Kate isn't Mr. Friendly's type. (Hahaha I remember reading some fucked up theory about clones and the reason he said that is because Kate was a clone and he didn't like clones.)

RIP Rouster.....and Carl (thank fucking god).
WWPTAD?

©brad

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 21, 2008, 07:16:49 AM
Also, we now know why Kate isn't Mr. Friendly's type. (Hahaha I remember reading some fucked up theory about clones and the reason he said that is because Kate was a clone and he didn't like clones.)

:lol: Clones? What the hell? It was a very funny moment with Mr. Friendly.

The episode: Improvement over last week's episode, even though that wasn't very difficult, but overall, not that great, making it three consecutive not so great Lost episodes. Michael's story was mildly interesting, I guess, but not very surprising, and I agree about the structure of it, I mean, what the hell kind of ending was that? It was strange and everything, but it's not like it blew me away. To this point, Alex and Danielle and Carl aren't strong enough characters to close an episode and make me fear about them. But the question remains: who were the ones shooting at them? And why did I really want to punch Sayid in the face?
Si

JG

spoils

i don't think the episode was really suppose to be a great cliffhanger to keep us guessing during the mini-hiatus, just the ending to an episode. it was fair.

this and last week's episodes were, unlike juliet's epi, totally necessary - just not that excellent. i actually liked this episode. i'm glad to have michael back. i think his arc is an important one to the show. the island disallowing you from doing certain things is a great twist, and an important one too. the deeper we get, locke's seemingly irrational behavior during the past few years is justified. its his show i think.

i agree that writing of this episode was clunky. i made a joke during the episode about how funny it would be if at the end of the episode they just cut back to sayid and he said, "so THAT is what you've been doing all the time." they pretty much did just that. at the end of the episode when they were in the jungle, i said "man, they should kill karl right now." and they did! its my show i think.

i thought they were going to tackle the issue of walt and puberty this episode! its still one of the great mysteries of the show.

modage

for the buildup of bringing michael back, i needed more.  the episode should've been 2 hours.  cut between real boat/island time and flashbacks.  and the flashbacks needed to start with michael and walt on the boat sailing away from the island trying to follow the coordinates.  show them getting rescued, show michael confessing to walt, and walt turning away.  show them have to hide and lie when they rejoin society.  hour 2: michael wants to commit suicide and goes back to the island.  the 'guilt' thing is a bit weak and obvious.  carl should not have been touted as SOMEONE WILL DIE!  and i don't think rousseau is dead.  we knew zeke was gay, and he's not as good at expository dialogue as ben is. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Haha, I agree with everyone. Not a great episode but still important. It does feel like a bit of a letdown considering this is really Michael's return episode - other than the "The Island won't let you" aspect his flashback wasn't awesome or anything. I hope Karl isn't the death they've been touting - I have to assume they killed Rousseau, since that's have at least SOME impact. Either way, Ben is quickly becoming the most interesting character in the show. And the cliffhanger for me isn't what will happen to what's-her-name, but what will happen to Michael. The captain didn't show much of a reaction to Sayid's claim...and I guess he has no reason to trust Desmond and Sayid...so who knows.

Quote from: JG on March 21, 2008, 11:09:10 AM
spoils
i made a joke during the episode about how funny it would be if at the end of the episode they just cut back to sayid and he said, "so THAT is what you've been doing all the time." they pretty much did just that.

I had that exact same thought when it cut back to the three of them. Damn that was awkward.

diggler

it was uneven, but there were some great moments. i loved ben's reaction when finding out michael actually armed the bomb.

cool to see minkowski back, but no zoe bell? rousseau's death seemed really out of character for her. i can't believe she would make that mistake, unless being around her daughter affects her judgement that much, which i suppose it could.  i was really hoping for a rousseau flashback at some point, perhaps there'll still be one (an alex flashback?)
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

ElPandaRoyal

spoils

this and last week's episodes were, unlike juliet's epi, totally necessary

The thing about Juliette's episode is that it striked me as really a Ben episode more than anything. Without that episode, I would have been totally convinced today that Ben was one of the good guys, but remembering that scene with Juliette when he said "You're mine!" also reminded me how fucking creepy that guy is. So who knows?

i thought they were going to tackle the issue of walt and puberty this episode! its still one of the great mysteries of the show.

Judging personal experience and my young brother's current life, I'd say puberty is one of the great mysteries of the world.
Si

Gamblour.

Hahaha.

Was that a Walt ringer in the window???
WWPTAD?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 21, 2008, 06:52:28 PM
Hahaha.

Was that a Walt ringer in the window???

It certainly looked like it, eheheh.
Si

diggler

i was wondering how they were going to skirt the whole issue of walt being older in the flashbacks, looks like they just ommitted it altogether.

so that puts the boat out there for less than a month, no way people are killing themselves due to "cabin fever" after one month
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

Writing is going down down down... characters now just do stuff to make the story work instead of just living. They aren't human beings anymore but merely characters. Their actions are only dependent on what is the simplest way to make the story work.