What was the movie KIDS shot on?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, June 04, 2003, 07:54:02 PM

Alethia

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: SoNowThenThat's pretty much Clark in a nutshell.

clarke is a dirty old man useing art to protect and feed his libido

its kind of weird really , harmony at least is from this world even though he is mentally detached from it

but at least at the time of kids he was infact the same age as the kids in the movie and he hung around people like them

larry is a photographer

some of the most fucked up people are photographers, they hate it when the people they shoot have independent thoughts

they say they want reality but in the end they want the pic to reflect what they have in their head

the heroin chic thing was created by photographers, turning girls into zombies just so the brain wont work but the body is there

so its not a pure artform

godardian

Quote from: pookiethecatBully mystifies me. I was shocked by how much it bored me.  That laden with sex, violence, and sleaze, yet still un-entertaining.

Yeah, the acting was just awful, I thought, and the subject seemed very well-traveled- to the point of cliche- even within Clark's own body of work.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pookiethecat

Godardian: "Yeah, the acting was just awful, I thought"

hehe yes.  bijou phillips made me cringe.  "that fucker just raped me!" ...it's almost funny it's so ridiculous...
i wanna lick 'em.

Quote from: pookiethecatbijou phillips made me cringe.  "that fucker just raped me!" ...it's almsot funny it's so ridiculous

as shallow as she is in the movie, she is more shallow in real life

pookiethecat

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
Quote from: pookiethecatbijou phillips made me cringe.  "that fucker just raped me!" ...it's almsot funny it's so ridiculous

as shallow as she is in the movie, she is more shallow in real life

i'll never forget when howard stern had sean lennon on and was grilling him about dating bijou phillips. good times... :lol:
i wanna lick 'em.

ono

Quote from: mogwai
QuoteWhat was the movie KIDS shot on?
Er... lot of dope?

HAAA hee hee heee
I was gonna say toilet paper, but that'd work, too.  ;)

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: mogwai
QuoteWhat was the movie KIDS shot on?
Er... lot of dope?

HAAA hee hee heee
I was gonna say toilet paper, but that'd work, too.  ;)

what the hell ?

MacGuffin

Ken Park: The Australian Office of Film & Literature Classification has effectivey banned the controversial new Larry Clark film from distribution of any kind in Australia by giving it an RC (Refused Classification) rating. The film follows four dysfunctional teens in suburban California and contains several scenes of underage teens engaged in pretty graphic sexual activity - graphic enough that "In the Classification Board’s view, this film deals with matters of sex in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that it should be refused classification". What makes this even more idiotic is the fact that the 'release it unrated' option doesn't exist in this country. Unlike other major Western countries such as the US where certain films are released in cinemas and on video/DVD without a rating or classification, by law everything released here including films, videos and computer games have to be given a rating otherwise they don't get released. Ironically in giving the film an RC classification, the attention drawn to the film is now higher than it ever would have been had an R-18 been handed out. As a result of the ban, the organisers of the Sydney Film Festival have been forced to remove the film from its slate.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: pookiethecatBully mystifies me. I was shocked by how much it bored me.  That laden with sex, violence, and sleaze, yet still un-entertaining.

Really though, same with Kids. I feel this way about all of Clark's films. He's just a no-talent perve...that's all I can say for the guy.

Cecil

well i love his movies. even teenage caveman. another day was okay

pookiethecat

Quote from: cecil b. dementedwell i love his movies. even teenage caveman. another day was okay

what did you specifically like about bully?

*just trying to tap into the mindset*
i wanna lick 'em.

Cecil

well i thought it was hilarious. its dark, misanthropic, vulgar.... this makes me laugh, cheers me up.

Quote from: cecil b. dementedwell i thought it was hilarious. its dark, misanthropic, vulgar.... this makes me laugh, cheers me up.[/quote

dark is the easiest emotion to show

and its also the easiest emotion to exploit

if you have no talent just be dark and moody and people will interprit this as geniouse

remember in singles that part tim burton played, he was dark and moody and well he had no talent

and lets not even get into that girl who claimed she was a huge fan scorsesse yet she couldnt prounounce his name, rather godardian if you ask me

children with angels

Of Clark's films I've only seen Kids and for some reason I really like it too. I find it pretty addictive, and actually pretty fun. There's something weirdly appealing about the depravity and bleakness of that kind of film. I also respect how it's really easy to watch, almost too easy, like it just glides by you. You can imagine the kids it depicts really digging it - and i find that interesting. Like they might sit around half-watching it, getting stoned, in the same way they sit around half-watching that video of the skaterboarders.
I like the use of music too (the Folk Implosion stuff is superb).
It's certainly not a subtle movie, but there are a few subtle, pretty beautiful, moments like a slightly lingering shot on a little toddler throwing away a piece of fruit, or the Chloe Sevigny conversation with the taxi driver - the sunlight in that scene.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/