Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

picolas

don't read this if you haven't seen the latest ep!

i rewatched Cabin Fever and realized this latest episode has informed Locke's character more than any other in an amazing way. i think much of every instinct he's had about trusting/being loyal to the island has been the result of this time-traveling glitch! he's seemingly implanted that trust into his psyche by leaving this emotional residue in time for his younger self to pick up. wicked awesome stuff.

diggler

(spoilers... although i think just entering this thread without being caught up is a bad idea)

not as good as last week, but it seems to be putting the pieces into place. once again the off island happenings were rather boring (and pointless... that scene with claires mom was as cheap a misdirection as last years jin/sun episode).  who do you think was in the raft chasing after them? i'm guessing it's probably someone we know... or will know, and unfortunately juliet probably shot one of them. i'm wondering what jin's involvement with rousseau's crew will mean for their storyline. daniel's insistence that they can't significantly change the future will be put to the test. 

loved ben's casual admittance that he was the one behind the court ordered blood test.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

how to follow up a perfect Lost episode ? With the shittiest one since the ''Nicky and Paulo'' debacle.

Laaaaame writing all around. Cheap stuff really :

-Claire's mom, WHATEVER. The whole ''Someone is trying to take away Aaron'' is booooring.
-The guy who attacks Sayid ... oh god, what a bad action sequence that was. Looked like a Batman episode.
-Watching people walking around in the jungle : ''What did you see Sawyer?'' followed by : ''It doesn't matter it's gone now'' for 20 minutes is not particularly fun.

anyway last week is a redeemer.

pumba

Do you think the people shooting at Locke, Juliette, Sawyer etc...were the oceanic 6 returning to the island from the future?

Gamblour.

Quote from: shnorff on February 05, 2009, 11:51:28 AM
Do you think the people shooting at Locke, Juliette, Sawyer etc...were the oceanic 6 returning to the island from the future?

Jensen of EW seems to think so. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550612_20245769_20257040,00.html

I think that yes, last week's episode is redemptive of this episode in a time-slippage kind of way, if you will. There were some vital things that happened and a lot of rumination on what is happening, but I was pretty bored by this.
WWPTAD?

modage

it wasn't bad, but it was definitely a bridging episode.  an in-betweener.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

Quote from: shnorff on February 05, 2009, 11:51:28 AM

it seems out of character for the oceanic 6 to shoot first.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Fernando

im with mod, last night wasn't that bad, but yeah, last week was really something.

One thing I don't get in the show's logic is, why was jin transported back in time if he wasn't in the island's moving ratio??? that's what daniel says when he is on the boat with the red shirts "we must have been inside the ratios", the chopper with the O6 stays in the present and is closer to the island than Jin so...

also, why is locke time traveling and Richard Alpert and gang aren't when they were right there with him?  :ponder: i love mysteries

I'm really loving this season.

Kal

There is obviously something that connects the Oceanic crew and that is causing the time travel, and it does not affect Richard and the Others.

This episode was nowhere near last weeks, but come on, an average hour of Lost is still better than most other hours of TV. This was good in term of putting pieces together, getting Jack & Kate reunited, Hugo out of trouble, etc. I'm starting to dislike Sun. Well, I always disliked her but now she has so much screen time it bothers me.

MacGuffin

Lost: The fate of Jin revealed
Source: Los Angeles Times

Note to "Lost" fans: If you have not watched Wednesday night's episode of "Lost," stop reading now.

It was the sigh of relief heard around the "Lost" universe: Jin is alive! He's alive!

When "Lost" viewers last saw Daniel Dae Kim's Jin, the freighter he was standing on exploded, as his wife, Sun, watched from a helicopter overhead. Viewers immediately related to Sun's hysterical reaction, delivered with aplomb by Yunjin Kim: Jin couldn't be dead, could he?

Jin certainly would not have been the first "Lost" character to be mourned by fans. But Jin and Sun, the Korean couple who were about to become parents, seem to have touched Losties in an emotional place that made it impossible to begin the grieving process.

The producers, seeking to allay the pain, assured fans at the end of last season that Jin would be seen again — in life or death. (That's just the way "Lost" rolls). But that wasn't enough because what fans most want is a Jin-Sun reunion.

Nine months later—in viewer time—it was revealed Wednesday in a startling way that Jin survived the explosion, prompting the "Lost" cult to immediately express its joy online at various message boards and forums.

"It's nice to be missed," Kim said and laughed Thursday morning during a telephone interview. "I'm glad they introduced me at the end of an episode like that because it sets up the following episode. It's a nice little teaser."

And what an ending it was. Viewers learned not only that Jin survived the explosion but also that he's been floating at sea for some time. (We won't even try to guess for how long.) 

On other shows, that would be titillating enough. But, no, "Lost" took it one step further by having the English-challenged Jin being rescued by French madwoman Danielle Rousseau, who died last season. This was possible because the rescue occurred in 1988 when the pregnant Rousseau herself was stranded on the island with her science team.

That means Jin is not just struggling with sunburn, dehydration and injuries. The man has to communicate in 1988 in broken English with a foreigner he originally met in 2004.

"I think that's hilarious," Kim said. "It's bad enough that he's got one language barrier, but now he's got two with the French people he's been rescued by. I guess if you're going to have one, you might as well have two."

Next week, Kim said, viewers will know exactly what happened to Jin after the freighter exploded and the island moved, causing its inhabitants to time travel.

"What everyone has been experiencing together jumping back and forth through time, Jin has been experiencing on his own, and he's got to try to put the pieces together of what's actually going on," Kim said. "We're going to find out exactly what he's been doing and how he's been struggling to survive on his own."

Kim and the producers won't say if or when a Jin-Sun reunion will occur, but that's what will drive both characters in the coming episodes, executive producer Carlton Cuse wrote in an e-mail to The Times.

"Obviously now that we know that Jin is alive, he is very anxious to find out what happened to Sun and he wants to find her — just as she wants to find him," Cuse wrote. "What happens?  We don't want to spoil that for you, but obviously both characters have a clear mission now — to try and find each other."

Kim also wants fans to know that their patience will be rewarded.

"You'll find that as the season progresses it will become less confusing," he said. "The show will begin to settle in a little bit more and I think people who think the show is a little too complicated right now will find that it makes sense."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

as far as jin still being alive, i call shenanigans.

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Lost Star Says Smoke Monster Secrets to Emerge
Source: The Associated Press

Actor Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin in ABC's "Lost," has said that the origin and nature of the Smoke Monster will be disclosed soon and viewers will even get a glimpse of its lair. Turns out the monster is as "old as the island."

Kim also cautioned against expectations that his character, Jin, will reunite with his wife, Sun (Yunjin Kim), even though Jin survived a freighter explosion and Sun returns to the island after escaping it.

Those events don't mean "they're particularly in the same place or chronologically in the same time," Kim said.

As for the atomic bomb that showed up in the "Jughead" episode, he said the show's producers rarely give something such prominence unless it counts in the island's mythology.

"That's a huge red herring if it's a red herring," Kim said, suggesting the bomb could help resolve plot points as the series ends in 2010.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

smoke monster LAIR??? that's fuckin terrifying. i never thought about that. i always thought they were saving the smoke monster explanation for the end. maybe they need to use it in season 6 too much not to explain it now.

Pas

middle-of-episode question/goof

Where did future-Rousseau learn english, because past-Rousseau speaks it really broken and as far as we know she was alone for all these years.  :doh:

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pas Rap on February 11, 2009, 08:21:06 PM
middle-of-episode question/goof

Where did future-Rousseau learn english, because past-Rousseau speaks it really broken and as far as we know she was alone for all these years.  :doh:

she seemed to know who ben was last season.

i'm kind of getting sick of all this trying to get back to the island shit. i want them to just be there already, but next week looks like it's finally gonna happen, at least to jack, sun, and desmond.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls