Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Fernando

a few days later but finally catched up.

when Faraday tells desmond about having to go to oxford and meet his mother, could that be Ms. Hawking??

I also wondered about Miles being Dr. Candle's son...

Quote from: Pozer on January 22, 2009, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: kal on January 22, 2009, 02:02:50 AM
- That annoying bastard getting shot by the flaming arrow.

why couldn't Bernard & Rose get shot too?

haha, yeah I thought about that too

Pas

EPIC !

What a great ep ! No Jack is fun !

I'll talk about it later when there's no spoilers risk

abuck1220

seriously, what an amazing show.

Kal

SPOILERS

What an amazing episode. My head is running at light speed to figure out the storylines. Here are some burning questions:

- Obviously the old woman is Faraday's mom. We knew that before. But she is also the girl who was in the past pointing at him with the gun, apparently.

- And Widmore was there at the same time, so maybe he is Faraday's father?

- We saw Alpert visiting John Locke when he was a kid, so this encounter is what initiated it all? It was Locke himself who told Richard to go see him.

- What is the deal with the girl who's 'brain is traveling through time'? Who was she? Just a test subject or someone important?

- How awesome is that Desmond/Penny named the kid CHARLIE.

- Desmond and Widmore was also a great moment in the episode.

- One thing that seems odd. Charles Widmore looks to be at least 20 in 1954? So how the fuck is he still so young in 2004 or 2007 or whatever year they are in the present/future? Did he do some time traveling himself? He does not seem like he is almost 80. Maybe he did his share of time travel?

SiliasRuby

Oh my god kal, you are right or you should be right.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

picolas

i am LOVING this season so much. it's like when you're watching a pretty good mysterious movie and despite loving the mystery of it you know there's going to be some kind of amazing payoff/explanation for everything except this payoff is 34 HOURS LONG. and i'm loving not having real flashbacks/flashforwards. we are firmly rooted in the adventure as it unfolds. no more building characters/backstories (at least not in a flashbacky way). i also enjoyed the time off from jack and kate and hurley this ep. but missed ben.

MacGuffin

That moment when Faraday professes his love to Charlotte was so touching. I wasn't a big fan of hers last season, but after rewatching the shows on DVD, she seriously grew on me and now I care so much about her.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

i too am totally loving this season, although i'm finding it way more complicated than seasons prior (which is fine. just getting slow in my old age). i've started a new thing where i throw lostacos parties (watch lost, eat tacos) at my place. anyone in NYC who wants to join us feel free!

Spoiler: ShowHide
at the end of the episode, when they time traveled again and the tents were gone, was i the only one who was totally expecting some kind of dinosaur to make an appearance?

Gamblour.

kal, your point about Faraday's potential parents are the exact same points my friend made, and it's bizarre.

I agree with cbrad, this season is really having me think and even struggle a little bit to understand it all.

I think it'll be cute when we find out they named their kid "Charlie Rose." When they showed the kid being born, I declared, "It's JACK!" It would be awesome/insane if I'm right.

SPOILS

A fucking hydrogen bomb???? I loved the "bury it" logic, that was smart stuff, really understanding of the time travel of the show, which makes me hopeful that I'll eventually understand it.

Meeting Richard Alpert here and establishing Locke's birthday, I couldn't believed they tied that back to season, what, 3? That was impressive. Also, I want to go back and revisit season 3 for anymore potential clues. But who knows if there are any?

Are we going to meet a corporeal Jacob? I think so. It seems like Alpert is totally crazy right now, and he may actually be respecting a literal chain of command.

Time to distract myself with Lostpedia.

EDIT/SPOILSSSSS

Little girl's name is Ellie. Eloise is the name of Faraday's rat. Whooooooaaaaaa
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

What's up with Lost's Nestor Carbonell not aging? And the 'guyliner'?

Nestor Carbonell—who is again playing the mysterious, apparently ageless Richard Alpert in the fifth season of ABC's Lost—told SCI FI Wire that he understands if viewers are a little disoriented by the show's time-jumping storyline this year: So is he.

"I'm a little dizzy," Carbonell admitted in an exclusive interview on Wednesday. "Initially, it took me, in the first episode, [a moment to figure out] 'OK, when am I exactly? Where are we, and when am I?' But, no, it didn't take long. I think the viewers, after this episode [that aired Jan. 28], the show very much settles down, and you get the gist of the season, that you're going to be dealing with some elements of time travel."

Carbonell—who was initially hired in the third season for only a quick guest spot—will instead be appearing in the rest of season five and the balance of the show, which is set to wrap in 2010, executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse told reporters at this month's Television Critics Association winter press tour in Universal City, Calif.

Carbonell spoke with SCI FI Wire to promote the DVD release of the slasher film Killer Movie. The following Q&A features edited excerpts from that interview. Lost airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

It must be a great deal to be so sought after by the producers that they hire you for the rest of the show.

Carbonell: Oh, it was great, and I never know what's going to happen. It just started out as an audition for a guest spot, third season. Even though I was told it was possibly recurring, they called me about six episodes after I shot that, kind of out of the blue for me, and told me they wanted me to go to the island for about five episodes. The role grew from there. You just never know, but, yes, it was great. It was great that they were so enthusiastic. I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled to be a part of it. ...

It appears that Alpert is ageless. Does it affect the way you play him?

Carbonell: I'm not playing him as if he's 100 years old or several hundred years old. It's very clear, obviously, that the guy doesn't age, but I think there is something to being a guy who's been around, a guy with some wisdom, a shrewd man who's seen a lot in his times here on this island and abroad. I hope that carries in some way into the character. ...

At the TV Critics Association press tour, some reporters asked if you wore eyeliner, which Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse denied. What do you think of this?

Carbonell: My brother sent me this link about the TCA, where you guys were at. Someone had asked about whether I was wearing eyeliner. I think Carlton came to my defense, and he said, "He's 100 percent sans makeup" or something like that. I could see why some people would think I have eyeliner on because [my eyelashes] are dark. Especially the bottom row, they're pretty dark. I've been dealing with it since I was a little kid, and so to me it's very funny when it comes up, especially at TCA. My brother told me to look online and sort of Google something about that, and my name came up as a couple things. One of them was Maybelline Man. I've been dubbed by some people as Guyliner. It's very amusing.

Have any of your Dark Knight friends called you to be their plus-one for the Oscars? [Carbonell appeared in the movie in the role of Gotham City mayor Anthony Garcia.]

Carbonell: Oh, the plus-one thing? No, not yet. I have a plus-one, so I couldn't be someone else's plus-one, but no. I haven't been anybody's plus-one yet. I'll be watching. Hey, I may be in Hawaii [where Lost shoots].
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: kal on January 28, 2009, 10:46:42 PM
SPOILERS

- We saw Alpert visiting John Locke when he was a kid, so this encounter is what initiated it all? It was Locke himself who told Richard to go see him.

does anyone knows in which episode happens that???

amazing episode indeed, I loved locke's expresion when he realized he's meeting a young charles widmore, also like mac, that moment with faraday and charlotte was very touching.

this show IS insane.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on January 29, 2009, 02:02:34 PM
Quote from: kal on January 28, 2009, 10:46:42 PM
SPOILERS

does anyone knows in which episode happens that???

Episode 4X11 "Cabin Fever"

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

so, so great. i'm finally convinced that all the loose ends will be tied up, that it will all make sense. i feel like i'm in good hands.

Gamblour.

Holy shit, so rewatching Flashes Before Your Eyes, I was wondering why Desmond could see Charlie dying, in terms of what we now know on about time travel on the show. Why can he see into the future at this point? I'm not totally sure, but I think I hit a breakthrough when i realized that Charlie is Desmond's first constant, after he turns the key. Maybe they have a special connection in that way. The idea of a constant isn't around at this point, but it's interesting that he runs into Charlie in his time slipping and can suddenly know that Charlie is going to die.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm just trying to rationalize something that I had forgotten about, the flashes Desmond experienced.
WWPTAD?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Gamblour. on January 29, 2009, 05:47:43 PM
Holy shit, so rewatching Flashes Before Your Eyes, I was wondering why Desmond could see Charlie dying, in terms of what we now know on about time travel on the show. Why can he see into the future at this point? I'm not totally sure, but I think I hit a breakthrough when i realized that Charlie is Desmond's first constant, after he turns the key. Maybe they have a special connection in that way. The idea of a constant isn't around at this point, but it's interesting that he runs into Charlie in his time slipping and can suddenly know that Charlie is going to die.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm just trying to rationalize something that I had forgotten about, the flashes Desmond experienced.

Never thought about that, but it makes total sense. Damn, this show is sweet.
Si