Grrrrrrrrr……

Started by Vile5, August 01, 2003, 06:42:26 PM

Vile5

Fuck fuck fuck!!!! Oh, i’m sorry it’s just that i’m so angry, and i wanted to let my self go, well the story is this: i’m angry because yesterday i couldn’t get tickets for the conference that tomorrow will give John Cameron Mitchell (yeah, the guy who said that PTA is not PTA or something like that) i would ask him why he said something like that, nah! well it would be interesting anyway!, but he won’t be alone Gail Dolgin and Carolina Libresco (from Sundance Film Festival) will be there too, i’m talking about the VII Latin Cinema Festival what starts today!! Here in Lima and i wanted to go and now i know i won’t buah!!!!  :cry: especially knowing this kind of things just happens once here in Peru and that maybe i won’t have this oportunity one more time in a long long time, well i just hope have those oportunities in Germany or Spain (‘cause i’ll be living in Europe the next year)

Ok, but i wanted to tell you about this Festival because i’m so excited, every August since 1998 Lima became (just for some days) in the capital of the Latin Cinema, thanks to ELCINE (Encuentro Latinoamericano de CINEmatografía/ Latin Cinema Festival)  and you know, there are many many many movies to watch from Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru (obviously), Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Cuba, República Dominicana even Spain, this year for example will be showed (at last!) City of God from Brazil, and Los Lunes al Sol with Javier Bardem (that i think was showed the last weekend in USA too) from Spain and his director will be here to talk about his movie,  but at the same time it’s a great oportunity to know about the cinema of the rest of the world and that’s the reason why the people from the Sundance Institute will be around here these days.
For example, Raising for Victor Vargas will be showed, Hedwing and Angry Inch (by John Cameron Mitchell) too, The Danang Daughter and A Good Girl too, even Igby Goes Down,  oh! and  finally will be showed in Peru the Michael More’s Bowling for Columbine, oh yeah and the John Malkovich “Sendero de Sangre” (i think the original title is Dance Up Stairs? or something like that?) with Javier Bardem too, there is something interesting about this movie because is a story based in real events what happend here in Peru, when the leader from "Sendero Luminoso" (the worst terrorist group that killed many peruvian and inocent people for years) was arrested but i know this movie don’t try to show what happend, is pure fiction, anyway i want to see it, but yesterday i just could get tickets for Raising for Victor Vargas but there wasn’t a miserable ticket for Bowling for Columbine grrrrrr... they were sold out!! well i’ll try today to get tickets for other movies i just hope have more luck today!
Thanks to listen to me oh! to read me...however thanks anyway, bye!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

atticus jones

QuoteJohn Cameron Mitchell (yeah, the guy who said that PTA is not PTA or something like that) i would ask him why he said something like that, nah!

hmmm...jcm and mjc are a couple of cock mouth jerkoffs

fuck tickets...put on your sunday school costume and sneak in...if anyone gives you grief...tell them u with me...

leeeeeeeeeeeeeee

maaaaaaaaaaaaah

vaya con dios
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

aclockworkjj

Sounds like a cool ass fest.....I know a lot of people had good things to say about City of God around here....I am pretty excited to check it out myself...it's cool to hear of foreign (meaning not held in the states) film fests...sure everyone knows of things like Cannes or Berlin, but I personally had never heard of a film fest in Peru...it's nice to hear and I wish I was informed better of such events, as I am sure they are everywhere.

Best of luck Vile...but don't let it dwell on you or ruin your day....me (the above me) can really work some majik...that sounds like a good plan to me (this me).......

The Silver Bullet

Quotehmmm...jcm and mjc are a couple of cock mouth jerkoffs
My initials are M, J and C. In that order, I mean.
Just for the record.

I was born in a hospital!
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Vile5

Hi! i'm here again, ok, i could get tickets for Dancer Upstairs yupi!!  :-D  and i finally could watch Hedwig and the ungry inch by JCMitchell and i must to say that i liked it! is such a beautiful movie really! ok is not a master piece but exquisite anyway, i'd love being in the Q&A tomorrow but , you know, the fucking tickets were sold out, well today i'm going to watch Raicing Victor Vargas (from Sundance too) and i'm so excited!...
Well, if you want to "waste" your time watching something about this Fest here is:

http://www.cultural.pucp.edu.pe/elcine/

ok, this page is in spanish (i'm sorry, i'd like to find information in english but there is not) so if someone (maybe you aclockworkjj) wants to see it, enjoy it!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Vile5(maybe you aclockworkjj)

hablo espanol un poco.....si........