movies you've walked out on

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 11, 2010, 01:57:08 PM

Sleepless

I don't know I've ever actually walked out of a movie, but there is certainly some awful shit that I've sat through (Indy 4 springs immediately to mind).

Admin edit: SPOILER for The Others incoming...

The first movie I remember distinctly hating was The Others with Nicole Kidman. The characters spent the entire first scene repeating a variation of "What if we were dead but didn't know we were dead?" which pretty much signaled the entire rest of the film for me. But I stayed as everyone else seemed into it. Then a billion hours later we find out, yep, they were dead all along and they didn't know it. I was the first one out of the cinema as soon as the credits came up. Awful shit.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

^^^^^^^^^ SPOOOIIIILLLLLSSS

movie that deserved it: Wing Commander

movie that didn't: A History of Violence

both were out of consideration for friends. The first one I was only seeing for a girl, who had some issue so when she left there really wasn't any point to be in the theater. The second, I walked in late and caught the juicy violence and sex parts then decided it was better suited for dvd. I went to Waiting instead and laughed my ass off.

Sleepless

For the spoils, I'm sorry. If you every plan on sitting through The Others I'm even more sorry.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

samsong

my blueberry nights.  wanted to leave about halfway through but remembered there was a cat power cameo so i stuck around for that, though i don't think there was much movie left after it.

the women.  not sure why i went to this one.  intended double feature with my (gay) roommate and his fag hag after burn after reading, which i hated.  i stayed for about ten minutes.

just about every student short film festival i've ever had the poor sense of attending, either immediately after a friend's film or when the feeling of time wasted became too much to bear.

Ostrich Riding Cowboy

Dragged to Easy A, tonight. After 20 minutes, went straight to a bar. Had a Manhattan.
DIDI: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing?

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

I spoiled Tarzan and got kicked out when I was 9-10. Does that count?

pete

I walked out on badassss because it was pretty boring but also my rides who went to see another movie were leaving.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mogwai

Quote from: KarlJan on November 22, 2010, 10:51:34 AM
I spoiled Tarzan and got kicked out when I was 9-10. Does that count?

When was this? 1945? :wink:

Robyn

Stefen

Damn son, the story of Tarzan has been around long before Disney exploited it. Like most of their shit, they just took something someone else did, slapped some animation on it and called it a day.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.