My Week With Marilyn

Started by MacGuffin, October 05, 2011, 10:16:10 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: November 4th, 2011 (limited)

Starring: Michelle Williams, Eddie Redmayne, Kenneth Branagh, Julia Ormond, Dougray Scott

Directed by: Simon Curtis

Premise: Colin Clark met Marilyn Monroe while working as a young assistant on Laurence Olivier's "The Prince and the Showgirl." When Marilyn experienced emotional difficulties during shooting, the 23-year-old third assistant director came to her aid and romance developed. But one week of honesty and fun was not enough to save the doomed star from self-destruction.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

I would totally watch that.

At 3pm on a sunday afternoon, hungover in my underwear, when i can't find the remote.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

she looks really uncomfortable in the role.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

She's going to make a terrible Marilyn Monroe, but this movie would suck with a good one anyway.