The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

Gold Trumpet

fuck community college. that could be any film school.

~rougerum

ProgWRX

the worst thing is that people like them are attending "film school" (i dont care which kind) and im still stuck here in a "Telecommunications" major (it does include TV/Film production, but as a minor)
-Carlos

EL__SCORCHO

a friend of mine once told me, "what's so great about a director? Actors do most of the work."    :shock:

Tiff

this gave me the idea to ask my friend from school what she thought of the aussie movie "two hands". personally liked it, but this is what she had to say about it:
--- me :
u don't like aussie films?
her:
the only one i like is Pricilla queen of the desert
--- me :
u seen 2 hands?
her:
yes
didn't like it
--- me:
y not?
her:
i just didn't
--- me:
lool
her:
i don't noe why, i didn't sit there analysing the entire thing
--- me:
usually u know y u dun like something
her:
i just didn't like that one
her:
i don't really like Brian Brown, he was in that wasn't he?
her:
that's probably why i didn't like it
her:
anywho...

I need to find new friends. thats y i come here  :-D
"Shut the fuck up!"

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: Tiffthis gave me the idea to ask my friend from school what she thought of the aussie movie "two hands". personally liked it, but this is what she had to say about it:
--- me :
u don't like aussie films?
her:
the only one i like is Pricilla queen of the desert
--- me :
u seen 2 hands?
her:
yes
didn't like it
--- me:
y not?
her:
i just didn't
--- me:
lool
her:
i don't noe why, i didn't sit there analysing the entire thing
--- me:
usually u know y u dun like something
her:
i just didn't like that one
her:
i don't really like Brian Brown, he was in that wasn't he?
her:
that's probably why i didn't like it
her:
anywho...

I need to find new friends. thats y i come here  :-D

I'd be glad to be your friend, as long as you clean up your act and cure yourself of that addiction of yours.

CollinBullock

I would LIETRALLY punch anyone who told me, to my face, that directors get too much credit because actors do most of the work.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

cowboykurtis

Quote from: CollinBullockI would LIETRALLY punch anyone who told me, to my face, that directors get too much credit because actors do most of the work.

youre a bad ass
...your excuses are your own...

Pedro

Quote from: CollinBullockI would LIETRALLY punch anyone who told me, to my face, that directors get too much credit because actors do most of the work.
how do you not literally punch someone.  you do or you don't...am i wrong?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
how do you not literally punch someone.  you do or you don't...am i wrong?

right, you're bloody well right, you've gotta bloody right to say
...your excuses are your own...

CollinBullock

I'm a hardcore badass.  

Rap metal expresses my true feelings...
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Bud_Clay

A bunch of old ladies came out of What a Girl Wants saying to us "It was just so cute! There was no bad language or violence! It was perfect!" One question remains: What is keeping these 70 year old hags from blowing their brains out?

A few days ago a young couple came up to the ticket booth & asked a co worker if Anger Management "has any homosexuality in it". It's good to know I'm surrounded by biggots in this ridiculous city. Good thing they didn't ask me a stupid question like that.

Ravi

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodA bunch of old ladies came out of What a Girl Wants saying to us "It was just so cute! There was no bad language or violence! It was perfect!" One question remains: What is keeping these 70 year old hags from blowing their brains out?

As if the absence of bad language or violence was inherently a virtue.  People like this annoy me too.

QuoteA few days ago a young couple came up to the ticket booth & asked a co worker if Anger Management "has any homosexuality in it". It's good to know I'm surrounded by biggots in this ridiculous city. Good thing they didn't ask me a stupid question like that.

"Does Anger Management have redheads in it?  I just can't stand them!"

Bud_Clay

Quote from: RaviAs if the absence of bad language or violence was inherently a virtue.  People like this annoy me too.

man oh man, they are neverending.. i cant even remember how many people have come out of Anger Management wanting their money back due to the "language & nature of the film"...apparently the movie is rated pg-13. whatever, idiots.. i did not like anger management myself at all but it's very close minded & unintelligent to leave a movie without even trying to understand it. i remember having an argument with my assistant manager about movies like that "ruining society". he thinks it's "poor taste & bad virtues" displayed on tv and in movies that disrupt society, when in actuality it's usually IGNORANCE, that my assistant manager has displayed so wonderfully, that is the cause of fuckups. and im not talking about poverty & drug addiction..i'm talking about the cause of uncultured arrogant pricks in a society that cause extreme rightwing, racism!  i live in a town full of them

©brad

Quote from: ProgWRXthe worst thing is that people like them are attending "film school" (i dont care which kind) and im still stuck here in a "Telecommunications" major (it does include TV/Film production, but as a minor)

i'm doing the same thing. i love it when friends/relatives ask me what my major is and I say telecommunications and they say "Now what is that exactly?" and I say "I'm not sure exactly."

Stringstroker

The first time I saw PDL I won tickets from a top 40 teen pop radio station.  They were giving away tickets all week, so I forced myself to listen.  I swear the ads went like this, "Call now far a chance to see the new Adam Sandler flick Punch Drunk Love!  I know you can't pass up Adam Sandler!"  Needless to say the entire theater was full of 17 year olds who were coming to see Billy Madison 2.  You can imagine the things I heard afterwards.

After I saw Royal Tenenbaums the man next to me called it the worst movie he had ever seen.

I tried to get one of my friends to watch rebel without a cause and he said he didn't want to watch it.  I asked, "Why, because its old?"  He replied, "Well...yeah."

Yet another friend once said to me, " I hate it when new movies are in black and white.  I can handle old movies in b & w because they didn't have color, but I can't stand when new movies try to be artsy."

I need new friends.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan