Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

wilberfan

*startled awake from a nap*

"Mlmmfmgf... What the what...?!"

I can't say I was 'alerted' by the system.  I actually read your post first, then had to go hunting for any kind of notification...   So, it sorta worked...  Shouldn't there be some kind of visual/auditory alert--rather than having to actually click on "Alert"?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: wilberfan on February 28, 2022, 07:17:54 PM*startled awake from a nap*

"Mlmmfmgf... What the what...?!"

I can't say I was 'alerted' by the system.  I actually read your post first, then had to go hunting for any kind of notification...   So, it sorta worked...  Shouldn't there be some kind of visual/auditory alert--rather than having to actually click on "Alert"?

The alert icon changes to show there are new alerts. Also, at least on my browser, it prompted me to enable desktop notifications. (I denied it.)

You could also go into your alert settings and have it email you for everything.

But yeah it's never going to be as good as Reddit or Discord notifications or native mobile notifications.

wilberfan

Woke up just now to an alert icon with a count. Very helpful.  And the default theme seems to be working well on my phone... :yabbse-thumbup:

Jeremy Blackman

Our forum's email system has been borked for a while, but it looks like I've finally fixed it by changing 2 key settings. I successfully registered 2 test users today with email confirmation. Thanks @WorldForgot for the help (and reminders).

Now we should test if thread reply notifications properly send emails.

A note for mods - new users still trigger the "account requires activation" alerts – but they don't require any manual activation. I can't seem to turn this off. Seems to be an SMF bug.

Jeremy Blackman

I tested email notifications, and they're working too!

wilberfan

Can confirm!  I got 8 or 10 notifications of being quoted, etc, going back to late Feb of this year.   :yabbse-thumbup: