The Sheriff

hey, thats how i choose to spend my time
id fuck ayn rand

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Depraved, Inc. on September 12, 2007, 03:43:13 AM
hey, thats how i choose to spend my time

you need to be like a fly and get out of petes mix, ...please  :elitist:

Stefen

haha theres something really funny about responding to criticism with just the word "faggot"

I bet depraved inc. was telling a story about himself.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Sheriff

you see, if pete really did think the tit comment was innapropriate and thats why he didnt say it, he wouldnt have mentioned that he really wanted to say it. he didnt say it because hes a wuss (or faggot) disguising his reason as a moral one. see how one word or term can take the place of several words as explanation? funny how that works right? i think that by taking me for an idiot, some of you are really saying something about yourselves. and dont give me PC bullshit in rataliation because, well... if you think it will help your case go right ahead...
id fuck ayn rand

pete

yeah, sometimes you wish you didn't have to explain things, then you realized you were much smarter than the person you were talking to (while your interlocutor was wishing the vice versa), so now it's come to this, 24 hours later, after the initial fun has run its course.
allow me to explain what "shockjock piece of shit" might mean.
"shockjock" because you're not actually outrageous, but rather Andrew Dice Clay-esque with your dated stab at trying to make strangers laugh.  not really respectable.  Trouble was, you weren't funny enough to begin with.  So when someone (me) told you you weren't funny enough, you with your dated frame of mind thought you must be smarter than the person who didn't "get it", who bit your awesome bait, and then begin your second wordy assault, like your were some kinda PC martyr.  Too bad the problem wasn't in your tastelessness, as you probably still wished it was.  The problem was you were corny and nobody gave a flying fuck about your politics.  You wish people did give a fuck.  You did.  That was why you've been called a shockjock, 'cause, even though you're young dumb and sexually frustrated, your anger couldn't even properly guide you to some kinda originality nor relevance.  Instead you could only utter cheap lines that even Carlos Mencia considered trite.
Piece of shit because of your general uselessness.  I'm pretty sure you offer nothing to this America that you care about, and probably waste more of taxpayer's money than all those groups of people whom you'd never met and hated just because your dad told you.  What your dad never told you was, his hatred of them came from not what they did, but what you'd failed, and are continue failing, to become.

I've only a hunch about all of my above claims.  I'm sure you'll probably dispute them 'cause you don't got no vantage point.  It's okay.  One day, when the bus station police force you to cough up all those balls of cocaine condoms, you'll think of that stranger who'd said something about that once upon a time, when the world was a brighter shithole to you.  Even though you'd wrongly called him a faggot then, you will now realize that he's a prophet.

All this because you got really angry at a random dude who didn't say "tits" when you wanted him to.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Sheriff

this is the stupidest response you can ever give. this IS A MESSAGE BOARD, where people are ATTEMPTING TO MAKE STRANGERS LAUGH FOR THE MOST PART! so now youre gonna say that its not respectable of me? gimme a break brother, youre so self-righteous. youre just offended cause i proved youre a wimp on your own turf here, where you thought youd look cooler than me by saying my sense of humor and politics are so shitty that no one gives a fuck. how noble of you.
id fuck ayn rand

matt35mm

Depraved, Inc.:

Your first capitalized observation is correct--yes, this is a message board.

Your second observation is incorrect--it is neither the purpose of this board, nor the people who populate it, to attempt to make strangers laugh for the most part.  Once in a while, someone says something that they think that others would find funny, yes, but insofar as respectability (since you bring it up) is concerned: the posters lose respectability in these tedious, petty back and forths that are inherantly unable to prove anything to anyone.  And that applies to Pete as well, who doesn't show his best side when he engages in this sort of thing.  Pete does have a great side to him, and I'm sure that you do, too, but neither one of you two are showing it right now.

I think that XIXAX is really quite rare in that the majority of the posting members are people that are quite intelligent, and have a sincere love for cinema.  I like the word that you included in your post--"respectable."  I think that XIXAX has the kind of members that could constitute a respectable, intelligent forum, as well as provide a space for us to geek out over things that we know other members of this board care about.  To a large extent, XIXAX already is this way, and I'm very happy for that.  It's also a community of people that we feel comfortable sharing jokes, stories, opinions, and art of our own with, which is very wonderful.

This is not "Pete's turf," just as it isn't mostly a place to make strangers laugh.  We don't even have to be strangers!  This is not the IMDB message boards, this is not the Rotten Tomatoes message boards, and thank goodness for that.  We should never have to be defensive or offensive while on this site.

If you (and everyone else) would just put consideration into your posts, as if you were conversing with people who deserve your respect and whose respect you'd like to have, then the purpose of this board would be better served, and the community would be stronger.

Let's please allow those to be the last off-topic words, and return to the subject of this thread: crappy theater experiences, of which I'm glad to say I haven't had in a surprisingly long time!  Although when I saw The Proposition, a guy two seats away from me fell asleep within the first 5 minutes of the movie, and snored loudly for the rest of the movie.  I think that was the last irratating theater experience of mine, and that was last year!  I don't go to the multiplex much, though, so I think that makes a difference.  I also usually do matinees, and the audience seems to be much more peaceful then, probably because the whole social side of theater-going happens at night.  People who go to matinees are usually nerds like me who actually went just to see the movie.

The Sheriff

Quote from: matt35mm on September 13, 2007, 03:38:56 AM
Your second observation is incorrect--it is neither the purpose of this board, nor the people who populate it, to attempt to make strangers laugh for the most part.  Once in a while, someone says something that they think that others would find funny, yes, but insofar as respectability (since you bring it up) is concerned: the posters lose respectability in these tedious, petty back and forths that are inherantly unable to prove anything to anyone. 

i meant in terms of socialization, we are meant to be socializing in positive ways, and making others laugh is positive... the purpose isnt to make others cry. thats what i meant. my point is that pete is hiding behind a moral excuse while condemning me. the degree to which he felt insulted by me is the degree to which he knew that my original statement was true. or else why would he be so irrationally judgemental of me?
id fuck ayn rand

Pubrick

i think you went out to get him and this is the best you could have expected. pete likes long paragraphs and retaliating usually with good points. i personally don't even get what the fight was about, i thought you two couldn't have been serious because nothing you guys have said made me sympathise with either of you in the least. i kinda get it, you're both just making assumptions about each other (you made the first).

when i go off at retards, like the disco idiot, i try to point out some infallible truth that proves they are idiots and also hopefully justifies my anger. i think you played the disco part here in initiating it. but it's nothing huge or even that entertaining, by my standards anyway. so if you guys can be done now that would be great, otherwise i guess carry on but make it fun to read!
under the paving stones.

The Sheriff

if hed had said "i agree" or "i disagree" it would had been another issue. but by saying my politics are out of date, and then acting like a hipocrite who cant be a man in front a group of chicks hes proving my point, and the ergency of the situation i wrote in that original post is justified. we have to act NOW. ITS THAT DESPERATE! PETE IS TELLING ME IM UNORIGINAL BUT HE OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE TOLD THESE UNORIGINAL THINGS BECAUSE HE DOESNT GET IT! thats not an assumption, its psych 101, if he really thought that the tit comment was innapropriate, why would he come here to say he actually wanted to say it? i made no assumptions, but he did about me
id fuck ayn rand

matt35mm

I honestly cannot follow the logic in your posts.

1. If you meant to say that we ought to be socializing in a positive manner as opposed to a negative manner, then why engage, even in retaliation, in what is still only bickering?  If you truly believe in what you stated, then issues like who started it and proving that you're right become irrelevant, because you are participating in the opposite of positive socializing, and not for the sake of anything worth discussing.  And as far as the "I agree" or "I disagree" thing, even you are not saying anything that clear and succinct.

2. I can't be sure if you're serious when you say that you urgently needed to tell Pete that he's being hypocritical.  I certainly don't know what you mean when you say that it's Psych 101.  That smaller-font side note in Pete's post was nothing more than just a quick little afterthought, and not meant to be studied or responded to.  Maybe it was even a joke and the tit comment didn't even occur to him when he was actually speaking to the girls.  In any case, he posted it here because it would be funnier here as a tiny side note than it would have been there, to those girls.  By the way, the joke part of that comment is not the tits part, but the "but that'd be inappropriate" part.  I shouldn't have even had to explain that.  Instead, the image that you seem to have of Pete REALLY wishing that he could just say what he really wanted to say to those girls, and it being proof that he's a "faggot" (seriously, what is with pulling out THAT word?), is completely off-the-mark.

And you have made assumptions.  That's not an assumption.

My last post would have been exactly the best place to stop this.  Unlike Pubrick, I don't believe this has any potential to be fun to read, nor is it an issue that will ever be settled.  Any posts that you or Pete make that drags this bickering on any further will only serve to embarass the poster.

pete

Matt, thank you for thinking that I have a great side.  I don't see harm in needless bickering.  I contribute enough to this world and arguably this board.  I also think that it's probably better that we're bickering over stupid irrelevant issues because anything worth discussing shouldn't be cheapened by what I'm about to do right now.  Feel free to ignore what I'm about to say to the other kid:

so again, it boils down to my not saying "tits" to four teenaged girls at the train station about a month ago?

frankly, I went off on you not because of any personal thing, but just because it was there.  Aside a few good ol' pals that I could poke fun at, Xixax really hadn't had any good idiots lately.  Back in Boston my buddies and I would throw bananas and water balloons at meatheads on weekends after dancing.  Over here in this new city, meatheads usually go hiding in other cities and I just haven't seen them in a while.  I guess I do miss them.  You showed up, and even though you're probably not an orange county date rapist, you said some stupid things reminiscent of a Bostonian meathead, and, when pressed, you went off and said some more.  I got giddy and typey.  It was a perfect thing to do before bedtime on Tuesday.

Tonight I had a fun late date with a lady going to see Exiled.  I came back and saw that you'd written back.  I wasn't yet sleepy and, upon reading your post, you still sounded like an idiot.  It was all serious and stuff.  So I got serious too, ending it with my drug mule prophecy.  I guess I was always serious, 'cause I always wanted you to know that your speech sucked and I (I think other people too) get more annoyed by corny jokes than many other things.  But you kept on going, almost singularly, with the politics.  it was all politics, politics, politics.  If I didn't say something, it must'd been because of my pussy politics, and if I said something to you, it must'd because of your politics.  I was faced with a dilemma: if I didn't reply to it, then why even bother fucking with you in the first place?  but if I did reply to it, how was I going to make it clear to you that I wasn't interested in politics, I just wanted to call you a piece of shit because I know you'd say something back?  The answer was to explain it in detail (tagged with a curse/ prophecy), which I did, which you only half-read, which prompted fellow concerned board members who wish we were both more entertaining or engaging.

Either way, you can remain angry because I was never really interested in any point you wished to make (thus the lack of "I agree"/ "I disagree"), I just want you to know that it really ain't about that.  Thanks again Matt for thinking that I have a great side and sorry for making it a drag for you. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Sheriff

thats exactly my point.

when i read all the talking in theatres and that mostly girls were involved, it did not surprise me so i expressed why i think this is. pure and simple. it wasnt a corny joke. if its funny, its because you agree with it. get it? you laugh because its a truism that is ignored by most, not because its a "joke" and youre "supposed" to laugh. so i called pete a faggot, because the way he rationalized the 4 girl situation, hes obviously a victim of fucked up feminism, hes pretending that he would have found such a comment innapropriate but its bullshit, he just didnt have the balls. its false respect. so i was calling it to illustrate my point of how male psychology is today. thats what ive been saying from the beginning.

Matt: if i told you that an arab cut me off, and that i called him a jerk but i really wanted to say towl head but i didnt cause its not nice, would you think that i didnt call him a towl head out of respect?
id fuck ayn rand

Pubrick

Quote from: Depraved, Inc. on September 13, 2007, 05:21:49 AM
Matt: if i told you that an arab cut me off, and that i called him a jerk but i really wanted to say towl head but i didnt cause its not nice, would you think that i didnt call him a towl head out of respect?

LEAVE MATT ALONE!
under the paving stones.