Here is a quiz for the movies lover

Started by Sleuth, February 09, 2004, 06:37:02 PM

grand theft sparrow

I'm at 46 out of 50.  I'm stumped on the kids dancing in the foreground, the mother with 2 kids behind them, and the (what I take to be) butterflies at the far right.  I don't even know where the last one is.

Don't give any answers yet but, of those three, are they ridiculously easy/obvious because I've been overthinking a lot of them and when I finally figure it out, I feel like an idiot.

RegularKarate

Quote from: luckysparrow on October 03, 2006, 01:03:56 PM
Don't give any answers yet but, of those three, are they ridiculously easy/obvious because I've been overthinking a lot of them and when I finally figure it out, I feel like an idiot.

at least one of them is ridiculously easy... I just started, but I got one of those right away, the others I haven't.
Without giving anything away, keep in mind that once you know what you're looking at and say it out loud, you can just apply that word to movie titles (and they're not all horror films).

grand theft sparrow

I found where the last one is but I have no clue what that is either.

What's funny is that I've now spent more time agonizing over these last 4 than I did working on the first 46. 

Raikus

There were 2 I got stuck on and couldn't solve. One was because I thought the object was something COMPLETELY different.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

I finally got them... at least two are not really horror films and ONE is kind of out of left field (although scary)

Ravi

Being extremely literal will help you solve them.  There were a couple that took me forever to figure out though.

matt35mm

grand theft sparrow

Me too... of the 4 I missed, one I should have gotten, one had a slight cultural bias that would keep most Americans from getting it, one I forgot was a movie completely, and the last one I definitely would have gotten but I clicked on a nearby object that also offered an answer prompt so I was focusing on that instead. 

A-minus isn't bad.

OrHowILearnedTo

MacGuffin

How well do you remember the 2006 year in movies?

http://film.guardian.co.uk/quiz/questions/0,,1974739,00.html

You scored 23 out of a possible 30
Good work! Highly impressive performance. Just a few more hours spent in a darkened room could have secured you the top marks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

2006: The year in film

You scored 25 out of a possible 30
Good work! Highly impressive performance. Just a few more hours spent in a darkened room could have secured you the top marks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Bethie

You scored 13 out of a possible 30
Not disastrous, but you've got a ways to go before you can claim to be a cinephile.

hahaha
who likes movies anyway

Pubrick

under the paving stones.