Things in movies that scared you as a kid.

Started by Stefen, January 16, 2004, 12:42:23 AM

Slick Shoes

mogwai

Quote from: ©bradalso, this one is a little obscure, but as a kid i was always scared of the KKK costume. i can't really remember a specific movie i saw it in, but the KKK just used to freak me out. those white cone hats, they're... weird. plus the whole killing black ppl thing wasn't cool.
you must be referring to blazing saddles.

context, context, context.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ewardthe statue of the lion outside the library at the beginning of ghostbusters

HOLY SHIT! You too? I was so gonna post that, I fucking got scared shitless, I'd be watching the Columbia lady...then all of a sudden, the music would crescendo to a deafening level and that lion would just glide onto the screen, big, mouth open, just waiting to eat you. That was some scary shit. I'm so surprised anyone else put it.
WWPTAD?

Jeremy Blackman

"Dumbo" and "Lady and the Tramp" were incredibly depressing/frightening movies. Everything else that scared me is probably repressed.

indiana

well, my dad told me i was scare of Vader from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
i don't know why i was scared
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Alethia

jim carrey in the mask

christopher lloyd in roger rabbit (when it's revealed that he's a
**SPOILER** toon)

SHAFTR

In Ghostbusters 2 I believe, when the slime comes into the bathtub.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cowboykurtis

that devil like creature in LEGEND

all of never ending story and willow freaked the hell out of me
...your excuses are your own...

Find Your Magali

1. Nearly everything in Poltergeist, especially trees and clowns and corpse-filled swimming pools

2. Michael Myers

3. A quartet of really cheesey 70s movies that, in retrospect, aren't that scary, but scared the hell out of me at the time, because I was in single digits -- The Car, Burnt Offerings, The Sentinel and Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things.

Gloria

I was really too old to be afraid of them....but those monsters in Ernest Scared Stupid scared me a lot.

Kal

Nothing scared me more than this...

I couldnt sleep and when I woke up in the middle of the night I'd see the damn clown everywhere... it was fucking scary[/url]

Sleuth

Quote from: Find Your MagaliPoltergeist...corpse-filled swimming pools.

tru.dat
I like to hug dogs

Just Withnail

Already mentioned, but: Poltergeist, Evil Roger Rabbit Judge...these two seriously screwed me up.