..______________=Geek/loser/cryo-chamber......

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 18, 2003, 10:33:14 PM

godardian

Quote from: travisbickle1000
Quotecountless and meaningless queries into the matrix 'theology' trying to get the true meanings of the matrix ..but blinded to see and know that the latter films were concocted up just to make $$$$$$$$$$..

i hate to break it to you, but so was the first one (only less obviously). the matrix from the beginning has existed as nothing more than a catalyst for some cool action scenes. theres nothing wrong with that, but if you want action watch the matrix, if you want philosophy, read thoreau

Or Sartre... or Foucault... if you want real philosophy!  :) (I think Matrix's philosophy has a 19-th century German bent... from what I've heard, no way for me to really discern from just watching the movies.)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Redlum

Quote from: aclockworkjjI hate Lucus...if you can't see it, he is single handedly going to change cinema forever.  If you think that his lame digital projection idea is that for off...well, I only hope you mange to salvage a projector when they all are tossed.  Not to say film won't be shot, but the way it's presented WILL be changed in a matter of time.  And I feel it's Lucus that is making the biggest push.  I didn't always think this until I went to some of these ridiculous mega-plexes.  They  suck...I want my one theater classy joint back.  The marquee should not be mistaken for a short story versus a sentence.  All in the name of money...

Therefore, I hate him.

Um kinda...amen. Progress with that in mind should fall on its face even as a principle of business. You're right, Digital Projection is going to happen, but we must fend off Digital Cinematography at all costs.

You think Peter Jackson will spend the rest of his life making as much money from Lord of the Rings as he can like Lucas has done with Star Wars. No sir. Put it this way - which one has the most Video games to tis name (cause of the age differences, we'll just count the post prequel games).
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

godardian

Quote from: ®edlum
Quote from: aclockworkjjI hate Lucus...if you can't see it, he is single handedly going to change cinema forever.  If you think that his lame digital projection idea is that for off...well, I only hope you mange to salvage a projector when they all are tossed.  Not to say film won't be shot, but the way it's presented WILL be changed in a matter of time.  And I feel it's Lucus that is making the biggest push.  I didn't always think this until I went to some of these ridiculous mega-plexes.  They  suck...I want my one theater classy joint back.  The marquee should not be mistaken for a short story versus a sentence.  All in the name of money...

Therefore, I hate him.

Um kinda...amen. Progress with that in mind should fall on its face even as a principle of business. You're right, Digital Projection is going to happen, but we must fend off Digital Cinematography at all costs.

You think Peter Jackson will spend the rest of his life making as much money from Lord of the Rings as he can like Lucas has done with Star Wars. No sir. Put it this way - which one has the most Video games to tis name (cause of the age differences, we'll just count the post prequel games).

The main "art" cinema in Portland switched to digital projectors a couple of years back, and I have to say- the movies looked/sounded GREAT. It retains all the good qualities of a film without the annoyances of worn-out prints and print damage... it's like having a fresh print guaranteed for every showing.

I'm not against digital projection, but I do hope that movies shot on film don't go away. DV is good for some things, but to have every film shot on DV because of cost concerns would be a huge step backwards.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.