Your Favorite Movie Trailers

Started by Tiff, May 29, 2003, 10:47:32 PM

ono

It could be, maybe you're right.  It's been way too long since I've seen Magnolia.  I've only seen it twice, both times on DVD, but I've watched that Magnolia diary so many times.  Greatest extra ever.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The movie itself wasn't by any means a cinematic masterpiece, but I have to say that the trailer for Not Another Teen Movie was the best because it started out with the deep, raspy guy voice saying...

"If you liked Scary Movie...
Who gives a damn?"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Holden Pike

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Where's Poppa? (1970)
The Long Goodbye (1973)
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974)
A Boy & His Dog - Sousa flashcuts (1975)
Monty Python & the Holy Grail - Chinese Restauant (1975)
Jaws (1975)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
This Is Spinal Tap - cheese rolling (1984)
Ghostbusters (1984)
The Limey (1999)
The Minus Man (1999)
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

Sleuth

Use colors for your lists again
I like to hug dogs

Holden Pike

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

godardian

I've probably said it before in this very topic, but:

Best trailers ever=The Shining, Clockwork Orange (and Rules of Attraction's affectionate rip-off trailer), and Magnolia.

I love old-fashioned movie trailers, too. All That Heaven Allows has a fantastic trailer.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Holden Pike

- Frank Capra

picolas

Quote from: Holden Pike
:lol!:

MacGuffin

'MI III' Gets Award for Best Trailer

The full 126 minutes of "Mission: Impossible III" probably won't win best picture at next year's Oscars, but it had the best two-minute trailer at the 7th annual Golden Trailer Awards.

A jury that included directors Quentin Tarantino and Guy Ritchie chose the "Mission: Impossible III" trailer for best of show. It also won for best trailer of action movies over the past year and among 2006 summer blockbusters.

The Golden Trailer Awards, founded in 1999, bills itself as the "world's fastest awards show." At a recent New York ceremony at the Directors Guild of America, miniature movie star trailers were handed out as trophies.

Other winners included the trailers for "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," "Wedding Crashers," "March of the Penguins," "Good Night, and Good Luck," "Match Point," "Thank You for Smoking" and "Transamerica."

Full list: http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Awards/Golden_Trailer_Awards/2006

JURY for the 7th Annual Golden Trailer Awards ...

Tyler Brodie
Plantain Films + DFA Records, "The Ballad of Ramblin' Jack," "Pi"

Annette Insdorf
Director of Undergrad Film Studies, Columbia University

Sharon Kahn
Vice President, Voom Networks

Edward James Olmos
Olmos Productions, "Battlestar Galactica," "Stand and Deliver"

Penny Marshall
Producer, "Cinderella Man", Director - "Big"

Will Perry
Creative Director, Leo Burnett

Guy Ritchie
Director, "Revolver," "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," "Snatch"

Chris Roberts
Partner, Co-CEO Ascendant Pictures "Lucky Number Slevin"

Charles Roven
Partner, Atlas Entertainment, Mosaic "Batman Begins" "12 Monkeys"

Quentin Tarantino
Director "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill 1&2," "Jackie Brown"

Jennifer Todd
Team Todd Producer "Memento," "Austin Powers," "Must Love Dogs"

Suzanne Todd
Team Todd Producer "Memento," "Austin Powers," "Must Love Dogs"

Paula Wagner
Partner, C/W Productions, "M:I 3," "War of the Worlds," "Vanilla Sky"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Coming-attraction attractions: 24 movie trailers that function as standalone works of art
Source: Onion AV Club

http://www.avclub.com/articles/comingattraction-attractions-24-movie-trailers-tha,45589/1/

Featuring The Social Network, Dr. Strangelove, Magnolia, A Serious Man, The Shining, Where The Wild Things Are and more...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cronopio 2

my favorite trailer is sin city. hated the movie

Lottery

I just love this trailer so fucking much I had to post it somewhere.

Garam

I had the song from that trailer playing on repeat for about two and a half weeks straight last year. No regrets.

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit