Indian Cinema Recommendations?

Started by Bud_Clay, April 21, 2003, 10:55:02 PM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: El Duderinoi saw "osama" and hated it.

afghanistan.......*slaps wrist* how dare you bash a film so casually i hear is great? i really want to see it.

El Duderino

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet

afghanistan.......*slaps wrist* how dare you bash a film so casually i hear is great? i really want to see it.

i mean, i guess some of the shots were really great, but the movie in all, just wasnt very good. maybe it was the subject matter. but this is just my opinion, if you want to see it, do so.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: El Duderino

i mean, i guess some of the shots were really great, but the movie in all, just wasnt very good. maybe it was the subject matter. but this is just my opinion, if you want to see it, do so.

don't worry...i was hardly serious, but thank you for your observations. they are noted.

Ravi

Afghanistan, India, what's the difference?

Ravi

Quote from: Chester R PennywinkleSwarthy blooks those Indians are. I lost many of fine plantations over there after their so called ' independence'.

You just started and you've already managed to post once in almost every forum. (at least every one in the upper portion) Welcome and take note you are the first to do this since Godardian. But, welcome to the boards and hope you enjoy the kindness from everyone that is cloaked in bitter fighting as mature as a 12 year old little brother.

=

:?:

Ravi

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gold Trumpet

I just reread where I said I was excited to see Osama. The film was well worth the anticipation. A great movie and one of the best of last year. I understand the plot to maybe be too spare for what generations of previous film communities have done with "spare plots", but people really should note the astounding acting that was achieved by amateur actors. The vibrance of the filmmaking really brought that out. The actors were as authentic as those in Ray's Pather Panchali and from my experience, any other film as well.

Hah, I connected it to Indian Cinema.

Ravi