The 2010 Xixax Awards: FINAL VOTE!

Started by MacGuffin, February 10, 2010, 11:40:30 AM

Sleepless

Although most categories are going to be a no brainer for me, I gotta agree it's a damn good list this year. Really reflects the schizophrenic aspects of this board, especially in a year where there was no out-and-out monster of a film.

:yabbse-thumbup: for Joaquin's nom

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

At least this year won't be an obvious sweep across the board.  I'm guess some noms are pretty surprising like WTWTA or Inglorious Basterds for Best Picture.

Should still be fun.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

brockly

these nominations are perfect. i didn't get a chance to nominate this year, but i'm happy to see i didn't need to. there are very few films in there i haven't seen, so i'll be participating in the final vote.

Pubrick

good point brock.

all you freaks should consider the nominees you havn't yet seen. the list of films you should see is now shorter, so make use of the time until march 1 to catch up. for example i hav now seen almost all the docos except one, and i'll be catchin that soon just to see if it can challenge my current fave. i strongly urge everyone to see at least 4 of those before you send in a default vote for who you think might win, cos there are some really good films there.

it will take at LEAST a week of mental deliberation to deal with the trailer category alone.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'm glad that Boondock Saints II didn't make worst film because even though we all agree that part one is the worst movie we've ever seen, it means nobody saw part two.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Boondock Saints II is a straight to DVD release in all of our minds. I say we make it eligible for next year. That's when most of us will give half a shit to see it.

Pas

a bit disapointed with the best pic and by extansion best director categories...

definitely missing in best pic is Bad Lieutenant and Two Lovers. I disagree with IB but understood it was going to be there, but no way A Serious Man is better than Two Lovers or BL... except in the trailer departement, which is the only place A Serious Man was really good at. that movie sucked imo.

Glad about the House of the Devil for poster and also It's gonna be a Basterds landslide in the major categories, maybe even in worst film haha sweet.

modage

I've seen every nominated film except World's Greatest Dad, The Princess And The Frog, House Of The Devil, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.   :shock:

Can anybody beat that?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 10, 2010, 02:55:19 PM
Quote from: socketlevel on February 10, 2010, 02:41:35 PM
so i sent in my votes to the person i was suppose to and i don't have it sitting in my outbox or anywhere else in my messages. does that mean it didn't go through?

I'm assuming you didn't check the box to "Save a copy in my outbox."

ya that's it. good to know it got through polka.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Flick of the decade has me shook. I want There Will Be Blood to win since it's my favorite of the decade, but if everyone else is going to vote for it, I want Eternal Sunshine to win.

My politicking isn't going to involve any sort of avatar change with a fancy photoshop or a long-winded post about how awesome what you should vote for best of the decade is, it's just going to involve if you were going to vote for There Will Be Blood, vote for Eternal Sunshine, and if you weren't sure who you're going to vote for, vote for There Will Be Blood.

But to not make it a two movie race, vote for Inglorious Basterds.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

Eternal Sunshine should win. It really should.

Gold Trumpet

Pas