lies and the lying liars that like movies

Started by Pas, January 01, 2008, 06:21:01 PM

Pas

picture this

you're in a party/social encounter

people start talking about movies. because you are drunk and/or don't know any better you join in.

when the discussion starts gettin dry, you are left speaking with the more enthusiastic fellow.

at one point you will think to yourself : this person lies.

agree/disagree ? do bring em on stories

Gold Trumpet

One of those situations I think everyone has caught themselves in. I don't think anyone can claim to never have lied about movies to just look better, but a week ago a friend of mine told me about a situation in her college classroom. The room was to introduce themselves and say what their favorite movies were. My friend said one guy spoke up and said like 5-7 movies she had never heard of. When she saw him at a bar later he admitted that he just made up all the titles to look cool. Of course he had to be drunk to dispense with the vanity.

polkablues

I tell people all the time that I've seen movies that I haven't.  Basically, any time I sense an impending, "Oh my god, how can you not have seen that, it's SO amazing" conversation coming on, I cut it off by just claiming to have seen it and liked it, no further discussion necessary.  It got me out of seeing Titanic for almost ten years.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

when I was in high school I was big on pissing on people's tastes.  I spent a year pissing on gladiator without seeing it.  then I saw it and it still blew. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton