Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Stefen

A friend of mine bought me the Curb book for my bday and I see on Amazon they got it at big time bargain price.

$8 for the hardcover that is normally $30.

I suggest you all jump on this. It's an awesome thick book and will look great on your coffee table. Especially for $8.

http://www.amazon.com/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-Deirdre-Dolan/dp/B000RWEL7Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0084969-9059028?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184478681&sr=1-1
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

When Larry David Shows Up, the Joke's on Us
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Larry David, star of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and legendary producer of "Seinfeld," is famous for not cooperating with the press. And, really, who can blame him?

"Curb," which returns to HBO on Sept. 9 for a sixth season after what seems like a decade, will do just fine without any special promotional push. Not that David seems to care much anyhow. Being superrich has a way of making everyday business concerns seem trivial.

So it was almost surprising that he appeared during the HBO portion of the TCA press tour. But there he was, seated onstage between his TV wife, Cheryl Hines, and his TV pal, Jeff Garlin.

But David wasn't there to answer the questions of TV critics as much as to amuse himself with his answers. You can do that when everyone thinks you're a genius and you are genuinely unconcerned about the dozens of stories that your appearance will generate.

Did you think of calling it quits after last season? "Every season I do is my last season," David replied. "That's the only way I can get through the season." After it was over, he went into his office, he said. "I was sitting at my desk. I went, 'Jesus, I don't have anything to do...I better do another season.'"

Do aggravating situations have an upside because they inspire ideas for the series? "If something happens (and) I'm angry, I'll use that," he said. "Does that answer your stupid question?"

How does being Jewish inform your comedy? "I don't know. I never think about it. I'm not one of those guys who go, 'Hey, I'm a Jew, I'm a Jew, I'm a Jew.'"

When someone commented about his wealth, he responded, "I've just been cut in half," referring to his wife, Laurie's, recent decision to file for divorce. OK, then, might there be a seventh season in which the Larry David of TV splits from his wife.

David did a take, then turned to Hines. "Too bad you're going to be off the show."

Of course, with "Curb's" production schedule, she might not find that out until 2010.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Divorcing Larry David

Larry David's marriage has officially been curbed.

The Seinfeld mastermind's wife Laurie filed for divorce last Friday, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason to end their 14-year union, according to the petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

The Davids announced their separation in June, calling it "completely amicable." They have two children, 13-year-old Cazzie and 10-year-old Romy.

David has said that he's mulling over whether to mine the split for material but, ever the comedian, he's already been able to turn the news into an opportunity to poke fun at his wife's ultra-green tendencies.

"Well, after the divorce, I went home and turned all the lights on!" the Curb Your Enthusiasm star, whose onscreen wife played by Cheryl Hines is also a Prius-promoting environmentalist, told reporters last week at the Television Critics' Association press tour in Beverly Hills.

There's no word yet, however, on whether the impending divorce will be written into the sixth season of David's Golden Globe-winning HBO sitcom, which is supposed to premiere sometime this year.

What (or who) will be making an appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm soon is Vivica A. Fox, who will have a recurring role; John McEnroe, who's scheduled to guest star; and possibly Ed O'Neill and Rebecca De Mornay, who are both currently part of the John from Cincinnati ensemble.

And, as previously reported on E! Online's TV blog, David seems to be open to doing even more seasons of Curb, despite the rampant speculation that last season's finale, in which Larry has a brush with death and is greeted in heaven by Sacha Baron Cohen and Dustin Hoffman, was actually a series finale.

"I say every season is my last," David said. "I would never do it if I thought I'd have to come back and do it again...When [last] season ended, I went back to my office and I was sitting at my desk and I thought, 'Hmmm, I have nothing to do...this is very uncomfortable'...We'll have to see what I'm thinking when I get back to my desk."

But if David returns to stand-up comedy, where he sharpened his trademark neuroticism and misanthropic tendencies before going on to create Seinfeld, "It would probably be about the divorce."

"If I was going onstage, of course I would talk about it. How could I not?" he said at TCA.

Laurie David, meanwhile, is a frequent fixture on the Hollywood environmental fundraising circuit and she served as a producer on Al Gore's Oscar-winning global warming treatise An Inconvenient Truth.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

Season 6 begins on the 9th and there's a preview up on the HBO site.

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Stefen

SUNDAY.

This thread should ALWAYS be above Entourage.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pumba

Stefen

Has it fallen off yet? I always thought they should have stopped at season 5.

I'm dling the first episode of season 6 that aired tonight. I haven't seen it yet.

JG

where are you getting the epi stefen?  cos i'd love to check this and future episodes out and i don't have the television. 

Stefen

http://www.mininova.org/

Just search it. It's the first torrent site to put it up (It just aired an hour or so ago)

Kal

it was very funny... but i dont laugh hysterically like i used to with some old episodes... it was still pretty good.

the story arc with 'the blacks' will probably be great all season... and it was good that jeff, danson and lewis were in the episode... wanda was missing.

the penis cake was pretty funny

Stefen

HILARIOUS!

This is going to be a great season.

JG

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Kal

This was one of the funniest episodes in a long time... Leon + Larry + Susie was amazing.

pete

did anyone notice that the man in the yankees jersey was the doc from knocked up?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton