The Mysteries of Pittsburgh

Started by Redlum, April 25, 2007, 11:14:28 AM

Redlum

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh

Set in Pittsburgh in the early eighties, the story chronicles the last true summer of Art Bechstein's youth. Stuck in a dead-end job working for his eccentric sometime girlfriend Phlox, and forced into an endless series of airless dinners with his mobster father, Art begins to believe that perhaps he doesn't even exist at all...

he Mysteries of Pittsburgh stars Jon Foster as "Art", Peter Sarsgaard as "Cleveland", Sienna Miller as "Jane", Nick Nolte as "Joe" and Mena Suvari as "Phlox".

http://www.mysteriesofpittsburgh.com/

Based on the Michael Chabon novel.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

How had I completely missed this? MoP is the one Chabon novel I've never read, and now I'm gonna have to get it quick. Which is fine. I love Mena Suvari. And she seems to flash a lot in this. Cool.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Redlum

Under-whelming trailer here: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809761596/video/12413241/

Given that this has taken so long to get any kind of distribution I doubt this is actually any good. Maybe they just decided to market it to the OC/One Tree Hill/Dawsons crowd? I hate to be a 'in the book' whiner but...the book was a lot less dramatic than this trailer.

Peter Sarsgaard and Mena Suvaris knicker flashing may save it (note: I'm not suggesting that Peter Sarsgaard will be flashing his knickers).
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SiliasRuby

MENA!!!! Yippee! Okay, I'm calm... but this sounds intriguing. I really enjoy emotional films set in the 80's
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection