Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono on April 06, 2012, 10:03:14 PM
This... was already known a long time ago.  O_o

Are you sure about that? Link or it didn't happen. Why would 9+ sources be reporting it today as breaking news?

ono

Positive.  This was a big deal last summer, maybe even before the 4th season had finished airing.  I don't know where to go about finding links, but it's so silly that so many sources are reporting this old news as new.  Here's at least one video from August 2011 that says so:

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Interesting. But that's more unconfirmed speculation than anything else, don't you think? Any major news outlet (even an entertainment news outlet) would be irresponsible to say a split is happening based on that rumor. And I seriously doubt AMC and the producers had actually made that decision in August of last year. It was probably one of several possibilities, which AMC is technically still saying.

Aaron Paul (who was wrong about a sixth season) doesn't have the "Cranston cred" (as the kids say). That's probably why it's being reported now. Plus, Cranston had significantly more details.

However, I did find this, from February:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-signs-new-overall-deal-with-sony-pictures-tv/

Weird.

E: Sniped by Polka. That's hilarious... we were all so involved in the discussion that we ignored the details of Mac's post.

E2: Actually Mac's post only says "may be split into two seasons, with a final scheduling decision to be made at a later date." For some reason no one noticed the above-linked Deadline story.

Jeremy Blackman

^ Made like 15 edits. I guess I'm afraid of double posting.

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 06, 2012, 11:42:19 PM
I guess I'm afraid of double posting.

Breaking Bad isn't though

Jeremy Blackman

Pubrick

He's saying breaking bad is not afraid to split its content over two seasons unlike your fear of splitting info that could just as well go in one post.

One season equals one post.

It was a decent joke.
under the paving stones.

©brad

Nice little piece on Aaron Paul. This is the only tidbit on season 5, from Vince:

"He [Jesse] started off the show as the student, and he in many ways remains that well into season five," says Gilligan, hinting at what's to come."

MacGuffin

AMC's 'Breaking Bad' To Premiere July 15
BY THE DEADLINE TEAM

AMC announced today its summer programming slate, including the highly anticipated premiere of the first part of "Breaking Bad's" final season on Sunday, July 15 at 10pm ET/PT.  The final season of the Emmy® Award-winning and critically acclaimed drama, produced by Sony Pictures Television, consists of 16 episodes, with the first eight episodes beginning July 15 and culminating with the series' final eight episodes next summer 2013. Also this summer, the network debuts its newest unscripted series, "Small Town Security," on Sunday, July 15 at 11pm ET/PT and season two of the epic western "Hell on Wheels" Sunday, August 12 at 9pm ET/PT.

Over four seasons, "Breaking Bad" has garnered a total of six Emmys® wins; a Peabody Award; it has been named to the American Film Institute's (AFI) list of the "Top 10 Programs of the Year" (2008, 2010, 2011); and been heralded as one of the best TV dramas on television. Filmed on location in Albuquerque, NM, the series stars 2008, 2009 and 2010's Emmy® Award winner for Outstanding Lead Actor Bryan Cranston; 2010 Emmy® winner for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Aaron Paul; Anna Gunn; Dean Norris; Betsy Brandt; RJ Mitte; Bob Odenkirk; and Jonathan Banks. "Breaking Bad" is produced by High Bridge and Gran Via Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television for AMC. "Breaking Bad" Season 4 will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on June 5.
Immediately following "Breaking Bad" is AMC's new unscripted series, "Small Town Security" (formerly "JJK Security"), which focuses on a small, family-owned private security company located in rural Georgia.  Executive produced by Ken Druckerman and Banks Tarver from Left/Right ("This American Life," "Boomtown," "Mob Wives"), season one consists of eight, half-hour episodes.
The second season of "Hell on Wheels" continues its epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount), a former Confederate soldier, and his dramatic journey west as he struggles to leave his past behind. Executive produced by John Shiban ("Breaking Bad," "The X-Files"), Joe and Tony Gayton (Faster, Uncommon Valor) and Endemol USA's Jeremy Gold, the show depicts the traveling town known as 'Hell on Wheels,' a dangerous, raucous, lawless melting pot that follows and services the construction of the first transcontinental railroad. "Hell on Wheels" also stars Common as Elam Ferguson; Colm Meaney as Thomas "Doc" Durant;  Dominique McElligott as Lily Bell; Christopher Heyerdahl as The Swede; and Robin McLeavy as Eva; Tom Noonan as Reverend Cole; Ben Esler as Sean McGinnes; Philip Burke as Mickey McGinnes; and Eddie Spears as Joseph Black Moon. The series is executive produced by Endemol USA with Entertainment One (eOne) serving as the studio. Season two consists of 10, one-hour episodes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

They're going to make us wait a whole YEAR???? :yabbse-thumbdown:
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Jeremy Blackman

Wow, okay, that's 2 more seasons, not one. Very short seasons.

©brad

Are we mad about this? Much of the internet seems to be bitching but I'm not ready to say goodbye to this show yet, so another mini-season come 2013 is fine with me.

Jeremy Blackman

Let's be realistic, a year is going to be tough.

I would be much happier with 2 more 16-episode seasons.

©brad

The show has never done a season beyond 13 episodes to my memory, but I get your point. AMC makes the oddest scheduling choices.