Haute Tension - High Tension

Started by MacGuffin, March 22, 2004, 03:22:21 PM

modage

why did you watch it dubbed?  or did you see it in the theatre and are just posting about it now?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Red Vine

Quote from: modage on November 16, 2005, 01:05:06 PM
why did you watch it dubbed?  or did you see it in the theatre and are just posting about it now?

all I could find was the dubbed version
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

modage

on the dvd you can watch the subtitled version.  how did you see it?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Yeah, the DVD has three versions - Original French, English Dubbed, US Unrated. The options are under the Setup Menu.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

i thougth this was actaully pretty fucking good.  you french need to stop being pussies about war and spend your time making more cool horror films. :yabbse-wink:  ..the film was just what i wanted gore, nudity, and a hot short haired lady weld ign a spinnign saw.  and as a bonus i got alot of gore, great cinematogrpahy, and soem nice music [was that a radiohead song at the end]..and i like the "ping" sounds in the plastic greenhouse.  this was tense.  and its will eb in my top 10 easily...its the jeepers creepers of 2005. 

Figure 8

I just saw this and kind of liked it.  I liked the general feel of the movie and throughout probably 2/3 of it, I thought it could turn out really well.  I thought that if the plot went the right direction, then it could be a really cool movie.  The plot did not go in the right direction.  Spoilers I actually started getting bored during the garden scene because the movie had done the same scene over and over in different places, but then she killed the guy.  I thought the movie was picking up and going someplace good, but then, all of a sudden, the twist kills it and the ending sucks.  Overall this movie could've been really cool, and is for about 2/3 of the movie, but if you make it to the end, it's just no good.