you know what he should do? (Spielberg)

Started by Alethia, November 16, 2003, 10:22:19 AM

Alethia

he should take about 900 grand of his own fortune, use one camera, one lighting system, a few unknown actors, and final cut pro and just make a fuckin movie.  no dreamworks or anything backing him, none of that.  i think it'd be cool if he did stuff like that between his big movies.

sorry lol but he hasnt had an update in like a week and this has always been a thought of mine, so I thought i'd share it with ya's.

ElPandaRoyal

It would be nice to see him do that, although (and I don't say this as a negative thing) he really needs big budgets to makes his movies.
Si

kotte

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumIt would be nice to see him do that, although (and I don't say this as a negative thing) he really needs big budgets to makes his movies.

he should learn what intimate movies are.

Spielberg rules anyway.

EDIT: We need more intimate films without any kind of SFX. Film tells stories. Why the fuck does every film made today need a computer?
I want to see characters and a good story. I'm tired of having look beyond the effects to see the characters in a film.

dufresne

that would be a very cool idea.  he should do it for $25,000 though.  student film!
There are shadows in life, baby.

Duck Sauce

That would be cool, but you cant knock him for not making low budget movies.

He does big budget better that almost everybody, and it takes that type of cash to make the magic that is Spielbergo

Leatherface

I feel as though Spielbergs films are intimate. I think that is what makes him so great. He can make these grand movies and still make them feel intimate.

Alethia

yes, but it would be nice to see him do an amblin type thing again, i think......

Leatherface

Quote from: ewardyes, but it would be nice to see him do an amblin type thing again, i think......

True.

I haven't had the chance to see Amblin yet but I do understand where you are coming from.

I notice Speilbergh gets a lot of hate, which I don't think he should be getting.

Pubrick

Quote from: LeatherfaceI notice Speilbergh gets a lot of hate, which I don't think he should be getting.
sumtimes i notice that is happening less. ppl are coming round..
under the paving stones.

Alethia

Quote from: Leatherface
Quote from: ewardyes, but it would be nice to see him do an amblin type thing again, i think......

True.

I haven't had the chance to see Amblin yet but I do understand where you are coming from.

I notice Speilbergh gets a lot of hate, which I don't think he should be getting.

i've only seen bits and pieces of it, only the clips available from TV specials about him and stuff, but it looks wonderful, and all i've heard about it has been praise...i wonder if theres a copy floating around somewhere

Duck Sauce

doesnt Spielberg still edit his movies together the old fashion way?

Alethia

Stefen

Spielberg isn't a filmmaker anymore IMO. He's a business man in the business of making movies. I love him anyway.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: StefenSpielberg isn't a filmmaker anymore IMO. He's a business man in the business of making movies.
so what did he do for Minority Report? You didn't find that to be top-notch filmmaking?

Stefen

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: StefenSpielberg isn't a filmmaker anymore IMO. He's a business man in the business of making movies.
so what did he do for Minority Report? You didn't find that to be top-notch filmmaking?

I liked Minority Report alot for what it was. A good summer movie. Marketed hugely and expected to make a huge profit. Doesn't mean its a bad movie. What I meant is Spielberg will never take chances again, he sees filmmaking as a business now as oppose to an artform. Just my opinion though.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.