National Treasure

Started by modage, June 27, 2004, 03:32:06 PM

modage

Release Date: November 24th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Nicolas Cage (Ben Franklin Gates), Justin Bartha (Riley Poole), Sean Bean (Ian Howe), Harvey Keitel, Diane Kruger (Dr. Abigail Chase), Christopher Plummer, Don McManus, Mark Pellegrino; other cast not announced yet.

Director: Jon Turteltaub (Disney's The Kid, Instinct, Cool Runnings, Phenomenon, While You Were Sleeping; his next film will be Enchanted)

Screenwriter: Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio (cowriters of Shrek, Aladdin, The Mask of Zorro, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl; they've also got Pirates of the Caribbean 2 coming soon)  

Premise: Modern treasure hunters, led by an archaeologist, Ben Franklin Gates (Cage), who is the eighth descendant in a family all searching for the same thing: a massive war chest treasure reportedly hidden by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin as funds for the Revolutionary War, using a secret code found in the Constitution (and a map that might have been drawn on the back of the Declaration of Independence) to find its location. (Kruger plays a museum curator at the Smithsonian who is central to the plot; Bartha plays Cage's best friend; Bean plays a rich British adventurer who also wants the treasure; McManus plays a National Archives intellectual; Pellegrino plays an FBI agent.)

TRAILER HERE: http://nationaltreasure.movies.go.com./main.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Hey, I could re-direct you...to your own post! Is that a first?

Anyway, nice to see Nic Cage returning to crap. Adaptation seems like it was just a dream now....

El Duderino

"From the producer of Pirates of the Caribbean"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

i just saw the tv spot for this and normally i would think that its a piece of sh*t but it reminds of the old school treasure hunting films or tv shows...like the goonies et al.

pete

ooh this guy also directed Three Ninja.  I remember renting both Three Ninja and Cool Running for my 13th birthday party.  I didn't even know I was in fact holding world's first Jon Turteltaub retrospective.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bethie

FYI, Pete's 13th Birthday Party was last week. I was there, and he didn't even have cake. What the hell man? On top of that, after watching Cool Runnings all his shitty friends thought they were cool when they attempted to speak with a Jamaican accent.  

Not fun.
who likes movies anyway

Pwaybloe

Hah!

I mean... Mmm hmm hmm hmm.

pete

Quote from: BethieFYI, Pete's 13th Birthday Party was last week. I was there, and he didn't even have cake. What the hell man? On top of that, after watching Cool Runnings all his shitty friends thought they were cool when they attempted to speak with a Jamaican accent.  

Not fun.

bethie jumped out of the birthday cake wearing the biggest grin in the world, it was awesome.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

Quote from: pete
Quote from: BethieFYI, Pete's 13th Birthday Party was last week. I was there, and he didn't even have cake. What the hell man? On top of that, after watching Cool Runnings all his shitty friends thought they were cool when they attempted to speak with a Jamaican accent.  

Not fun.

bethie jumped out of the birthday cake wearing the biggest grin in the world, it was awesome.

I didn't enjoy the game of twister afterwards. Bethie was the ONLY girl invited.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: meatbull
Quote from: pete

Not fun.

I didn't enjoy the game of twister afterwards. Bethie was the ONLY girl invited.
That must have been awkward....but umm, do you have pictures?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

u two are like the joke undertakers.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pubricku two are like the joke undertakers.
Thanks. I apreciate the compliment.

My Collection

Stefen

This thread was pretty good before it got ruined. WIsh I could have participated.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: StefenThis thread was pretty good before it got ruined. WIsh I could have participated.
Next time I'll warn you when we we are going to destroy a thread and I'll let you in on the fun.

My Collection