Jaws

Started by SHAFTR, June 08, 2004, 10:26:43 AM

Alethia

i believe the old dvd did.  i think.  didn't it?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardi believe the old dvd did.  i think.  didn't it?

No, it didn't:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/cut_list/jaws.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

i see.  well then i hope it does too!

Ravi

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#gil

We've got a little bit of new Jaws: 30th Anniversary Edition information for you today. According to the studio, Disc One will include deleted scenes, outtakes, From the Set and Shark Facts. Disc Two will include The Making of Jaws, storyboards, production photos, Marketing Jaws and Jaws Phenomenon. Since the studio is claiming that the DVD will include "a feature-length documentary," we can only assume that The Making of Jaws is indeed being presented in its original 2-hour version.  We'll let you know when we have official confirmation from the studio.

cine

Quote from: RaviSince the studio is claiming that the DVD will include "a feature-length documentary," we can only assume that The Making of Jaws is indeed being presented in its original 2-hour version.  We'll let you know when we have official confirmation from the studio.
oy..

Ravi

EDITED

Didn't realize your 'oy' was a link, and I posted the same thing.

MacGuffin

'Jaws' film restoration zaps scratches, adds color
By Bryan Alexander, USA TODAY

Film, like ocean water, can get pretty murky over time.

So 1975's Academy Award-winning Jaws was due for a full restoration, part of Universal Studio's 100th anniversary celebration. Other classic films selected for restoration include 1973's The Sting, 1962's To Kill a Mockingbird and 1930's All Quiet on the Western Front.

"It really gave us a chance to restore the film to its pristine state," says Mike Daruty, Universal's senior vice president of technical operations. He worked with director Steven Spielberg on the five-month Jaws restoration, and "it looks fantastic."

Spielberg himself admits in a short film about the restoration that the original negative for the film was "pretty crummy" because of age and use. The restoration team went through the negative frame-by-frame to remove significant scratches and fix color problems. They would spend as long as four hours on problematic frames.

The director was "extremely pleased," says Daruty. "His comment was that it looked even better than it did during its release."

The restored film was first played before an outdoor audience at the Tribeca Film Festival in April and will be officially unveiled at an outdoor screening for JawsFest 2012 on Saturday on Martha's Vineyard. (It will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 14.)

Seeing a killer shark restored on-screen might be a daunting task even for the movie's most supreme fans.

"I hope people have their hands over their eyes for only a portion of the film," says JawsFest organizer Susan Sigel Goldsmith. "It looks to be even scarier now. We can't wait."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Ravi on August 09, 2012, 07:25:40 PM

Looks gorgeous. Sounds gorgeous. Getting the Blu-ray for sure... Hopefully some good extras in there.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.