Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

O.

Really, really unfortunate.
superb

chere mill

i was preparing for this day to come soon. he held on for as long as he could. i remember watching him take part in scholarly debates even when you could tell he was deathly ill. he was a true intellectual and his thoughts on religion and politics will have a lasting impact on me. we just lost one of the best.

polkablues

I tended to agree with him on religion and disagree on politics, but no matter what he was talking about, I was always happy to listen. He suffered no fools lightly.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

O.

superb

mogwai

Now where's the other Kim Jong Il?

theyarelegion

Reel

That's so sad, for all the wrong reasons.

Neil

It's always sad when god dies.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

mogwai

'Star Wars' and 'LOTR' sword master Bob Anderson dies at 89

Bob Anderson, a former Olympic swordsman who staged fights for films including the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series, has died, British fencing authorities said Monday. He was 89. The British Academy of Fencing said Monday that Anderson died early New Year's Day at an English hospital.

Anderson donned Darth Vader's black helmet and fought light saber battles in two of the three original Star Wars films, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

The villainous character was played by David Prowse and voiced by James Earl Jones, and Anderson's role was not initially publicized.

chere mill

Theo Angelopoulos dies in accident

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/greek-filmmaker-theo-angelopoulos-dies-in-accident

very sad day. landscape in the mist is one of my favorite films.

Reel

Comedian Todd Lynn dies

After suffering two strokes and a heart attack this morning, comedian Toddy Lynn has died. Lynn, was who a divisive and outspoken comedian, had suffered from pancreatic cancer and was also a diabetic.

"He had been reaching out to a lot of people and was changing for the better," his manager tells Laughspin. "He always knew how some other people felt about him." Although his health wasn't entirely strong the last few years, Lynn had been amping up his comedic output, even developing a strong buzz within the industry at last summer's Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal. "He was great," Paul continues. "He was a really smart and warm guy. But a lot of people didn't get to know him." Lynn even had a PhD in Literature.

Comics are droppin' like flies

Bethie

theres a joke in there somewhere
who likes movies anyway

polkablues

Quote from: Bethie on January 29, 2012, 11:31:43 PM
theres a joke in there somewhere

"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"A dead comedian."
"Curse this enchanted monkey's paw and its cruelly ironic granting of wishes!"
*fart*