What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Ravi

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

A Matter Of Chance

Brazoliange

I read The Stand and The Tommyknockers over last week and Ender's Game last night. I'm thinking of starting Salem's Lot tomorrow.
Long live the New Flesh

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

godardian

I bought it months ago and now finally have a chance to actually read it:

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

xerxes

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

Wow, a Philip Roth novel mentioned. Too bad its his most disposable novel to date. Anyone who wants the perfect Roth novel should always trust in Sabbath's Theater. High comic genius.