Meet Me In The Bathroom

Started by WorldForgot, October 07, 2022, 02:03:40 PM

WorldForgot

QuoteInspired by Lizzy Goodman's bestselling book, directors Dylan Southern and Will Lovelace (Shut Up and Play the Hits) is an exploration of myth and music, time and place that
Tells the story of how a new generation kickstarted a musical rebirth for New York City that reverberated around the world.

An immersive archival journey through the explosive New York music scene of the early 2000s. Set against the backdrop of 9/11 and a world unaware of the seismic political, technological and cultural shifts about to occur, Meet Me in the Bathroom, tells the story of the last great romantic age of Rock'n'Roll through the prism of a handful of era defining bands; THE STROKES, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, YEAH YEAH YEAH's, INTERPOL.

WorldForgot

Although the film playz itself so casually and spastic I could see this coming off too superficial to some, I think this iz an absolutely essential documentary for anyone interested in rock's turn-of-the-milennium moment in NYC indie.

Chronicles a 'scene' but focusing on how each band ricochets off the other. The Moldy Peaches touring with The Strokes on both their first European legs. TV on the Radio and Yeah Yeah Yeahs rising out of their insecurity. The Strokes and Interpol and The Rapture battling for sex symbol coolness. The Rapture breaking James Murphys heart into shards called LCD Soundsystem.

We express ourselves against the canvas of those around us. Bountiful new footage of these bands hanging out and bickering not as icons but as hungry youth, gazing behind the NME and MTV curtain. Axo mentioned seeing The Strokes in concert which reminded me to post about this!