The Brothers Grimm

Started by MacGuffin, May 13, 2005, 06:13:33 PM

w/o horse

The trailer should end with "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote:  Coming Soon?" to remind everyone why they should get off their asses for this movie regardless of how commercial it might end up being.  I mean he is doing it to build steam for that release, no?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: B.C. LongConsidering that a trailer is suppose to show snippets of the best parts of the movie I thought it would have some appeal.

The trailer was awful and it looks totally commercial and appealing to the kiddies.
dude, it's an effing trailer. it is meant to entice the maximum amount of ppl on opening weekend. it isn't sposed to represent the integrity, quality, or any goddamn thing about the actual movie or the director's artistic intentions.
under the paving stones.

modage

imdb TRIVIA!

- Nicole Kidman and Anthony Hopkins were cast originally, but both had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts.

- Both Terry Gilliam and Matt Damon wanted to hire Samantha Morton for the female lead, but Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein vetoed this.

- Goran Bregovic was Terry Gilliam's original choice for composer. When Gilliam decided to go with a more traditional score, Bregovic was replaced by Dario Marianelli.

- Robin Williams was originally cast in the film, but pulled out of the project.

- Johnny Depp was originally set to star as Will Grimm.

- Cinematographer Nicola Pecorini was personally fired by Bob Weinstein.

- According to Terry Gilliam, Matt Damon took tango lessons in preparation for this film.

- The Weinstein brothers (Bob Weinstein and Harvey Weinstein) came on board in 2004 in the last minute when MGM suddenly pulled out the funding.

- In June 2004, a problem occurred on the set and director Terry Gilliam decided to place the film on hold for six months. He went on to do Tideland (2005) and came back to this feature in January 2005.

- The most expensive scene in the movie was cut because it occurred quite early on in the story and nothing would have been able to top it. Director Terry Gilliam said that this scene will be placed on the DVD as an extra.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

I really like Newton Thomas Sigel as a DP, mainly for Three Kings.  But I find it really weird that the man who filmed Fear and Loathing would be fired off of a project.  I mean Nicola Pecorini also shot The Order, The Order...

Pubrick

Quote from: killafilmI really like Newton Thomas Sigel as a DP, mainly for Three Kings.  But I find it really weird that the man who filmed Fear and Loathing would be fired off of a project.  I mean Nicola Pecorini also shot The Order, The Order...
maybe weinstein wasn't happy with pecorini's convoluted inner-thigh-touching handshake stance.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Gilliam's Rage at Weinstein Takeover

Twelve Monkeys director Terry Gilliam is furious with movie moguls Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein for scrapping his ideas and undermining his authority during filming of his new Matt Damon movie The Brothers Grimm. The powerful pair first ditched Gilliam's plans to cast Samantha Morton in the lead role in favor of lesser known actress Lena Headey, and then further enraged the former Monty Python star by sacking his cinematographer Nicola Pecorini for working too slowly. Tensions escalated to the extent that Gilliam refused to shoot for two weeks as he was so staggered by what he viewed as the Weinsteins' constant interference. He fumes, "I'm used to riding roughshod over executives, but the Weinsteins rode roughshod over me." But Bob Weinstein insists, "Any film involves the making of 10,000 decisions. If you only concentrate on the few we had issues with, you ignore the 9,997 we left to totally to Terry."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

I think lead actress, cinematographer are pretty big 2 of 3 decisions to interfere with though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

The article doesnt mention that allegedly Samantha Morton was not given/allowed the role because the Weinsteins thought her to be too fat.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

GoneSavage

Quote from: ®edlumThe article doesnt mention that allegedly Samantha Morton was not given/allowed the role because the Weinsteins thought her to be too fat.
Maybe they were too busy trying to stick with facts and not allegations.

Stefen

You know me, I'm a bump ho for films I want some discussion on.

Whenever I am feeling down, or things just aernt going too well....I look at this....

Gotdamn, that's one goofy ass mug. I just feel better.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

HAHAHA.

What are the rules for this game? Do I HAVE to pick a winner?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

72teeth

Yuck, yeah I just saw the TV spot and they really need to stop trying to market this to the Mummy/Van Helsing fans.

Is "Van Helsing Fan" an oxymoron?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

RegularKarate

Quote from: 72teeth

Do you know what an oxymoron is?

I just saw a clip on Conan.. I don't think this will be terrible, but I DO think Tideland is the real Gilliam to look out for.

72teeth

Quote from: RegularKarate

Yeah, I guess it's a bit misused but you get the iderrr.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKarate

Yeah, I guess it's a bit misused but you get the iderrr.
I don't.  But I also didn't get the humor of the "face off" photos of Damon and Cuba so maybe I'm just out of it.