The Ring Two

Started by MacGuffin, May 22, 2004, 08:14:43 PM

MacGuffin

The sequel to The Ring has just begun shooting, and a poster of sorts is already out. The promotional ad below appeared in Variety magazine, and when a teaser poster reaches theaters, it may very well be a similar or identical design. "It begins again," reads the tagline.

Release Date: March 18th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Naomi Watts (Rachel Keller), Simon Baker (Max Rourke), David Dorfman (Aidan Keller), Sissy Spacek, Emily Van Camp (Emily)

Director: Hideo Nakata (Ringu, Chaos)

Screenwriter: Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Arlington Road, Scream 3, Reindeer Games; cowriter of Impostor; he's also got The Brothers Grimm and Blood and Chocolate coming soon)

Premise: Following the events of the first movie (in which mysterious video tapes seemed to cause people who saw them to die seven days later), investigative reporter Rachel Keller (Watts) and her son Aidon (Dorfman) move away from the big city life of Seattle to the small town of Asheville, Oregon. Soon enough, however, Rachel discovers a case in which those pesky tapes seem to be up to their seven-days-later-you-will-die shenanigans, even as developments arise which threaten her relationship with her son. Returning to Seattle to investigate the case of Samara Morgan (the ghost girl from the first movie), Rachel begins to uncover secrets behind the entire phenomenon... (Baker plays a coworker at Rachel's newspaper; Van Camp plays a teenage girl whose boyfriend died after seeing one of the video tapes.)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

They're rushing this through production to have it out in the fall. Good luck.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

tpfkabi

thanks for the link.
i think i like Naomi with shorter hair.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

diggler

i agree. can't wait to see her dance around in huckabees

modage

TEASER TRAILER: http://www.ring2-themovie.com/

"i hope this is as good as the ring" < - what myself and the rest of american moviegoing public are saying right now... its true, i loved the first one and hope this will be as good.  trailers creepy as hell, but i havent seen the japanese sequel/prequels so i dont know what they might be drawing from here like the first one.  now says SPRING 2005
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Quote from: themodernage02TEASER TRAILER: http://www.ring2-themovie.com/

"i hope this is as good as the ring" < - what myself and the rest of american moviegoing public are saying right now... its true, i loved the first one and hope this will be as good.  trailers creepy as hell, but i havent seen the japanese sequel/prequels so i dont know what they might be drawing from here like the first one.  now says SPRING 2005

Wow, nice trailer, I thik. Creepy. I can't wait for this movie.

Kal

good teaser... i wasnt a fan of the first movie when it came out but i ended up liking a lot after watching it a few times on tv... not many good horror movies later... lets see what the fuck is this grudge hollywood version like

diggler

nothing beats a good trailer. this one succeeded in making me gasp out loud(embarassingly) causing my roommate to laugh at me.  if you go through the trailer frame by frame there are some cool images.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

rustinglass

the trailer kinda sucks, but it does it's purpose, I want to see it
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Nakata has 'Eye' on Par redo

A few days before his "The Ring Two" opens, Hideo Nakata has signed on to helm "The Eye" for Paramount Pictures. C/W Prods. is producing.

"Eye" centers on a blind woman who receives a cornea transplant. However, she gets more than she bargains for when she begins seeing ghosts and premonitions. "Eye" is an adaptation of the hit Hong Kong horror franchise; a third one is in the works. Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison are executive producing as is the original movie's Peter Chan.

"Ring Two" is UTA-repped Nakata's first English-language film. He directed the first two Japanese "Ringu" movies as well as the Japanese version of "Dark Water." He is attached to direct "Out" at New Line.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

this movie was funny by the way.

Pubrick

Quote from: POZERthis movie was funny by the way.
yeah, unintentionally. like when she puts the contents of those capsules in the kids sandwich. that was ridiculous.

watching the beginning, u'd think it was a comedy, the audience was laughing a lot at the lameness of it a lot, but at the same time they jumped at least 4 times on cue. the movie sucked tho, it's forgettable, uninpsired, just crap. shit just happens, it doesn't make any sense. everything seemed halfbaked, eg. gary cole.

there were a few cool shots but other than that, nothing to recommend. franchise officially dead.
under the paving stones.