PTA-a-thon.

Started by Jon, June 01, 2003, 04:55:46 PM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: godardianI have no firewalls, but I can't get the chat feature to work at all. Is it Mac-unfriendly, or something ?

Wooohoooo.....it worked.  Sorry for my stupidity....kinda neato.  Godardian...it just takes a minute to load, then again....I was tryin' on a Mac earlier when I was having troubles....works great on my PC though.

Cecil

Quote from: godardianI have no firewalls, but I can't get the chat feature to work at all. Is it Mac-unfriendly, or something ?

it migth be, i couldnt get it to work either

aurora

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: auroraI'll have PDL on the 10th so I'll beat you all =)

I think Sphinx has had the PDL dvd for 2 years or something...

Errr? WTF

Sense please ;)

on the 25th we watch some Kevin Smith films and bash the shit out of them.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

RegularKarate

Yes... that chat is NOT Mac friendly... I have tried many times under many different security settings and it doesn't work.

Gold Trumpet

I can't get this chat to work at all. Well, there goes any participation for me in doing this with chat.

~rougerum

Cecil

Quote from: RegularKarateYes... that chat is NOT Mac friendly

well i never...

SoNowThen

Off topic: does anyone know who the actress is in aurora's avatar? Everytime I watch BN, I think it looks like Chasey Lain, but it can't be, can it? Whoever it is, we need to see more of her ass in the future.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI can't get this chat to work at all. Well, there goes any participation for me in doing this with chat.

~rougerum

We could start a private Yahoo chat (called loser PTA asslickers) or something if that works better for people.....Xixax changed times to help me out....let's work together here people!  Shoot out some options....we have plenty of time...

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThenOff topic: does anyone know who the actress is in aurora's avatar? Everytime I watch BN, I think it looks like Chasey Lain, but it can't be, can it? Whoever it is, we need to see more of her ass in the future.

That's Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis.

As for chatting during this PTA-a-thon thing, well... I hadn't even thought about the no-chat thing with my Mac being a problem. I can do AIM... dunno how many other people.

Someone needs to post or re-post the official time and which time zone this thing's going to take place, too.

Computer-age logistics.  :(
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

children with angels

I think aurora's avator is a chameleon-like thing: I looked at it once and it was the afforementioned pretty lady, you told me it was the Natural Born Killers, then I looked again and it was Sam Jackson. Odd.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

godardian

Quote from: children with angelsI think aurora's avator is a chameleon-like thing: I looked at it once and it was the afforementioned pretty lady, you told me it was the Natural Born Killers, then I looked again and it was Sam Jackson. Odd.

I'm too lazy to change my avatar very often... only when inspiration strikes.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

SoNowThen

Last night, aurora's avatar was the shot from Boogie Nights, following the chick into the pool. I just wanna know the name of the actress...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

Quote from: godardian
As for chatting during this PTA-a-thon thing, well... I hadn't even thought about the no-chat thing with my Mac being a problem. I can do AIM... dunno how many other people.

hey yea, thats a good idea i didn't think of before. who has aim, we could all be talkin on there too, well the cool ppl anyway.

godardian

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: godardian

hey yea, thats a good idea i didn't think of before. who has aim, we could all be talkin on there too, well the cool ppl anyway.

Anyone who's up for the AIM thing should indicate it in a post here and make sure to include their AIM address in their profile (so the little AIM box pops up at the bottom of your posts).

Since I can't do the official, Mac-exclusive Xixax chat, AIM is what I'm going with.