You're The Worst [FX]

Started by modage, September 13, 2014, 02:52:03 PM

Tictacbk

Daaaaaaaaaaamn. They are crushing season two.  Anyone else watching? Really impressed with how simple but effective a lot of the emotional stuff they're doing is.

polkablues

Yep. Gretchen's storyline is being handled amazingly well, and Aya Cash is absolutely killing it this season. The episode where they were all stuck at Jimmy's house during the marathon was probably the best episode of the show so far. What's really impressive is the level of depth and pathos they're able to imbue in these characters, while at the same time still being a goofy comedy. It's a hell of a balancing act.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Yep yep. Best show on TV right now. All comedies should aspire to be this funny and all dramas should aspire to be this moving.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Tictacbk

Yeah it's really great. There were a couple of outstanding episodes this season, and Aya Cash really shined. I can't believe how few people are watching this show. Kudos to FX for not giving a shit and renewing it.

Fuzzy Dunlop

I'm watching! They absolutely killed it this season. Aya Cash is the real deal. The supporting cast was used perfectly, especially Vernon. They earn their episode's endings too, a lot of them hit like a punch in the gut, and the last two were straight up heartwarming. It's the best romantic comedy I've seen in a long long time. The season finale would have made a great series send-off, though I'm really glad FX did the right thing and picked up the show for another season, sealing their reputation as the most quality-driven, artist-friendly network in the game right now.

Gold Trumpet

Thanks guys for a great recommendation. Just started this show and love it so far. Not yet to the 2nd season you're hyping, but the potential is already very evident.