As I Lay Dying

Started by MacGuffin, May 13, 2013, 05:49:01 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: TBA

Starring: James Franco, Logan Marshall-Green, Danny McBride

Directed by: James Franco

Premise: Based on the 1930 classic by Faulkner, it is the story of the death of Addie Bundren and her family's quest to honor her wish to be buried in the nearby town of Jefferson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

James Franco looks like he's having fun ruining things for everyone.

Considering he's enjoying his opportunity in ruining one of Cormac McCarthy's more 'simple' and poetic (but horrifying all the same) works, I hope he doesn't ever, ever get to touch Blood Meridian.

Full disclosure: I've never watched a Franco directed film, but you know, it will very possibly be balls.

jenkins

i read franco's writing when he was at ucla. his writing then was about his early career and his desire to orchestrate a new career. which he's doing.
glad an english grad is making movies. movies are different from books, it's not a big deal. this trailer has a tone that's different from the tone of the book, not a big deal. a big book, yeah. the trailer uses a part from the book that's darkly comic but makes it seem only dark. wonder how franco felt during the book
Quote from: Lottery on May 13, 2013, 06:18:03 PMConsidering he's enjoying his opportunity in ruining one of Cormac McCarthy's more 'simple' and poetic (but horrifying all the same) works, I hope he doesn't ever, ever get to touch Blood Meridian.
the novella child of god makes sense as a movie. i don't know what you're saying here. blood meridian is meaty, it'd be hard to adapt. everyone knows that tommy lee jones owns the rights to blood meridian

Lottery

Child of God would be a challenge for a seasoned director I feel. Both books would be hard to adapt (BM moreso). I think Franco did some test footage for Blood Meridian back in 2010, I didn't Tommy Lee Jones still had the rights to it.