Perfect tilting and panning.

Started by prophet, February 27, 2004, 09:17:00 PM

prophet

How do you they get the camera movements so perfect whena  actor goes a direction the camera follow like its aiming at him its like it knows where hes going. e.g:when denzel is shooting the basketball in the credits "He Got Game" the cameras follows him really quick and it stops. starts stops follows the balls and stops right were he is.

how can you control that thing so well?

and even if you dont have that how does the camera stay so stable when they are moving it by hand?

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

metroshane

One contributing factor is the weight of the camera and appliances.  It's not like moving a camcorder.  Secondly, they are professionals...they spend time perfecting it.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Ghostboy

Also, on any good gear head like the ones you pictured, you can adjust the resistance, which helps immensely.

Pedro

an awesome head on a tripod. thats how.

Recce

Plus, on 'handheld' stuff, they have steadycams, which ties the camera to the cinematographers body, as opposed to trying to hold the weight with jsut your arms and shoulders...so I've been told.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

prophet

ahah i know all about the steadicams i tryed to build one im talking about they type of hand controled one thats the 2nd image.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Recce

Quote from: prophetahah i know all about the steadicams i tryed to build one im talking about they type of hand controled one thats the 2nd image.

Oh, sorry. I actually jsut recently found out how steadycams work (that's right, I've been living under a rock) so I was a bit anxious to show off the knowledge.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Ghostboy

Both of the heads in those two pictures are hand controlled; one just offers more control than the other.

prophet

well one you only use your wrists the other you use your sholder to move.

but yeah you can build your down steadicam at home you just need to know what parts to buy and the springs are important too you can probably make one for around 600 bux. (vs 60,000)

SoNowThen

Quote from: prophetwell one you only use your wrists the other you use your sholder to move.

but yeah you can build your down steadicam at home you just need to know what parts to buy and the springs are important too you can probably make one for around 600 bux. (vs 60,000)

Please post instructions. The old $15 home-made steadicam just ain't gonna do the trick...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

metroshane

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

metroshane

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Raikus

It has expired. Ceased to be. Bereft of life. Singin' with the bloody choir.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.